[NL2-NL10] NL50, taking Free Card with AKo

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Common Scenario, Passive but Loose Opponent, Havn't Hit Flop. Would be Interested in Opinions on this one.

Party Poker $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $26.05
      UTG+2: $46.75
      MP1: $53.22
      MP2: $51.44
      CO: $54.06
      BTN: $28.85
      SB: $17.03
      Hero (BB): $10.50
      UTG: $49.51

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with A :heart: K :spade:
      6 folds, BTN calls $0.50, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $3, 1 fold, SB calls $2.50

Flop: ($6.50) T :heart: 7 :diamond: 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($6.50) T :diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($6.50) T :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Villain is 33/0 on just 40 hands. He seems pretty Showdown bound but pretty passive, so I like Checking it down here. I don't think he's folding a Pair to a cbet. On the other hand he may be able to call weaker hands, like weaker Aces.
      He's folded 2 out of 4 cbets he's been up against so far but that doesn't mean much.

I'm obviously working with the bare minimum of Information here, but I've got an opinion of this guy from the few hands I've seen him play already.

Edit; Oh, I do realise some regs will think I'm turning my hand face-up with this play, but this guy is a fish. I do also take this play with JJ+ on occasion for Balancing and bluff induce so you know ;)
  • 3 replies
    • PanDuzePE
      PanDuzePE
      Bronze
      40 hands is unknown player for me =]

cb for sure
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      WTSD, W$SD??

You either have to push or c/fold imo since $7.5 is your stack..
      -> Does cbetting $3 on Turn make sense?

I don't really checking it down since you give away iniative and are easily bluffed out. Against regs you can balance this by the doing the with PP but be sure to extract extra value you lost on Flop and maybe the Turn.

- Gerv
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      push flop should be fine but definitly push turn he would bet nearly any pair on the turn to protect against a flush and he will often have 2 livecards with fdraw and you want to protect.