[NL2-NL10] NL100 AQo Early Very un-SSS Line.

• DaPhunk
      Calling UTG with AQo...... Don't Flame just yet. I'll Explain my play.

Party Poker $100.00 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG+1): $14.10
      MP1: $16.50
      MP2: $127.51
      CO: $95.99
      BTN: $135.02
      SB: $104.55
      BB: $15.97
      UTG: $21.37

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is UTG+1 with Q :club: A :heart:
      UTG raises to $2, Hero calls $2, 6 folds

Background on this guy; Its His first orbit, he Posted in MP3 and has played all of his 6 Starting hands so far. He bought in with 30 Dollars and played L/C before, Donked K high Rainbow and Check/Folded to a Turn Bet.

I give him zero respect and want to play with position on him and call because decide I can risk playing OOP versus MP2 who is 44/15 on 308 hands. The rest of the players are Tight and I can easily get away from the hand if they raise, which they won't do with a bad hand. If i raise I'm basically having to Shove pre, which I don't like.

I think I get a lot more value from calling pre then shoving to this loose guy when i hit a flop.

So I decide to take my Chances and play Hit or Fold versus this guy.

Flop: ($5.50) J :spade: J :heart: 6 :heart: (2 players)
      UTG bets $3.92, Hero calls $3.92

I didn't hit this flop, but i don't stick to my plan. I still don't have any respect for him and assume he cbets with 100% of his range. I don't think a Float will work against such a bad player, but I think he will likely Check Down after I called flop like he tried to before. I also have Backdoors.

Turn: ($13.34) T :diamond: (2 players)
      UTG bets $6.34, Hero folds

He Bets again, 1/2 Pot. I have just $8.18 Left, but I think this just stinks to high heaven of a monster line.... I have $8.18 left and he only bets $6.34???

Minraise Preflop, cbet 3/4 Flop, then Not pushing me in on Turn.... I know Hardly anything about this guy and I think he likely has some sort of pocket, QT, Jx, AT, Maybe QQ+. I think to myself "hmm calling Flop was a mistake, I'm just going to give up here with no history, my outs can so easily be blocked right here"

Ok, There you have my Thought Processes on the hand and I think This once i can just cc pre versus this fish and go broke on a flop where i hit. My call on Flop was terrible. I do not have enough information on him to try and beat him with Ace High.
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Hello Daphunk,

With 14bb stacks, you don't have much room to ccall here on UTG+1 in my opinion. Surely you can induce a squeeze but would you do the same in MTTs with a 14bb stack?

I think I get a lot more value from calling pre then shoving to this loose guy when i hit a flop.
      I like to know how you come to this conclusion since the way I see it; hit or fold gives you a success rate of 33%. Moreover whenever you hit, you have to shove the Flop against his c-bet assuming he c/f Turn often.

You are not guaranteed to win your whole stack.

As he played all his 6 starting hands + he oL/c a lot, I think he also does minraise/call so I shove preflop.

As you see on the Turn, he barrels against your expectations, you actually had to foresee this on the flop thinking ''what will I do when he does XYZ?''

I dislike your cbet call, I rather shove AQo postflop then if you decide to call his clickraise.

Looking forward to a reply,
    • DaPhunk
      Originally posted by Gerv
      would you do the same in MTTs with a 14bb stack?
      How Is that Relevant? MTT would be a completely different Situation.
    • ysessa
      push pre is max ev... a fold would be 3,5bb which should be nearly the best result you get...