This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL100 AQo Early Very un-SSS Line.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Calling UTG with AQo...... Don't Flame just yet. I'll Explain my play.

Party Poker $100.00 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG+1): $14.10
      MP1: $16.50
      MP2: $127.51
      CO: $95.99
      BTN: $135.02
      SB: $104.55
      BB: $15.97
      UTG: $21.37

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is UTG+1 with Q :club: A :heart:
      UTG raises to $2, Hero calls $2, 6 folds

Background on this guy; Its His first orbit, he Posted in MP3 and has played all of his 6 Starting hands so far. He bought in with 30 Dollars and played L/C before, Donked K high Rainbow and Check/Folded to a Turn Bet.

I give him zero respect and want to play with position on him and call because decide I can risk playing OOP versus MP2 who is 44/15 on 308 hands. The rest of the players are Tight and I can easily get away from the hand if they raise, which they won't do with a bad hand. If i raise I'm basically having to Shove pre, which I don't like.

I think I get a lot more value from calling pre then shoving to this loose guy when i hit a flop.

So I decide to take my Chances and play Hit or Fold versus this guy.

Flop: ($5.50) J :spade: J :heart: 6 :heart: (2 players)
      UTG bets $3.92, Hero calls $3.92

I didn't hit this flop, but i don't stick to my plan. I still don't have any respect for him and assume he cbets with 100% of his range. I don't think a Float will work against such a bad player, but I think he will likely Check Down after I called flop like he tried to before. I also have Backdoors.

Turn: ($13.34) T :diamond: (2 players)
      UTG bets $6.34, Hero folds

He Bets again, 1/2 Pot. I have just $8.18 Left, but I think this just stinks to high heaven of a monster line.... I have $8.18 left and he only bets $6.34???

Minraise Preflop, cbet 3/4 Flop, then Not pushing me in on Turn.... I know Hardly anything about this guy and I think he likely has some sort of pocket, QT, Jx, AT, Maybe QQ+. I think to myself "hmm calling Flop was a mistake, I'm just going to give up here with no history, my outs can so easily be blocked right here"

Ok, There you have my Thought Processes on the hand and I think This once i can just cc pre versus this fish and go broke on a flop where i hit. My call on Flop was terrible. I do not have enough information on him to try and beat him with Ace High.
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Daphunk,

With 14bb stacks, you don't have much room to ccall here on UTG+1 in my opinion. Surely you can induce a squeeze but would you do the same in MTTs with a 14bb stack?

I think I get a lot more value from calling pre then shoving to this loose guy when i hit a flop.
      I like to know how you come to this conclusion since the way I see it; hit or fold gives you a success rate of 33%. Moreover whenever you hit, you have to shove the Flop against his c-bet assuming he c/f Turn often.

You are not guaranteed to win your whole stack.

As he played all his 6 starting hands + he oL/c a lot, I think he also does minraise/call so I shove preflop.

As you see on the Turn, he barrels against your expectations, you actually had to foresee this on the flop thinking ''what will I do when he does XYZ?''

I dislike your cbet call, I rather shove AQo postflop then if you decide to call his clickraise.

Looking forward to a reply,
      Gerv
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      would you do the same in MTTs with a 14bb stack?
      Gerv
      How Is that Relevant? MTT would be a completely different Situation.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      push pre is max ev... a fold would be 3,5bb which should be nearly the best result you get...