This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL100 A9o Thinnest Valuebet Eeeeever

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Party Poker $100.00 No Limit Hold'em - 10 players
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $83.80
      UTG+2: $101.00
      MP1: $101.50
      MP2: $136.02
      MP3: $16.50
      Hero (CO): $20.69
      BTN: $20.88
      SB: $43.69
      BB: $94.31
      UTG: $35.56

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is CO with 9 :club: A :heart:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $4, 1 fold, SB calls $3.50, 1 fold

Flop: ($9.00) A :spade: 7 :club: J :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $5.00, SB calls $5

Turn: ($19.00) K :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

I Check Behind For Bluff Induction, Given that a Beter Ace is stacking me anyway and this way I can get some Value out of Kings and Weaker Aces that may Fold Turn. Its a Dangerous move given that the board is Double Suited but I'm happy to take that risk.

River: ($19.00) Q :diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $11.69, SB calls $11.69

Ok, I'm going to Explain why I made this Extraordinarily Thin Valuebet.

Villain is 31/13 with 32% WTSD. His AF is 2.8. 118 hands.

I do not think Villain would not often put me on a Ten so He would be betting Two-pair or a set to make me call with Ax or Kx. He Would obviously bet QTo having hit a Major snag on that river card in his value extraction plan or Tx. He is however Loose enough to call ME with Ax or Kx and I now have the best Ax given that he would have made a thin valuebet against myself with better.

What Do you think? Too Thin a Bet? Does He Check/Call with a Set or Two-Pair in this scenario? I would have thought if he was willing to play Check/Call he would be happier to just Bet instead as that way he can get more worse hands to call than would bet against him. I'm not going to put a Ten in his range Particularly often either.
  • 3 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I would raise 3/3,5BB preflop.

I would raise 2/3 on the flop and just push turn and expect to have the best hand if I got called.

As played, I'm raising turn and checking river behind.

As played as played :) , I'm just checking river behind, imo he's calling you with more hands that have you beat than you have beat.

...just commenting NL100+ hands. ^^
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Hmm, Interesting. I've Rethought this hand and one thing i can say for sure is that I really don't like my bet on River anymore. I don't think Villain would bet two-pair here as he can so easily be scared by the board.

I think I Overthought his thinking process if that makes sense.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      easy cb river.. this is no vbet its a bluffbet no worth hand will call your river bet.