Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $36,00
      CO:
      $64,70

0/2 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9:heart: , 9:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $7,00, MP3 folds, CO calls $7,00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($16,00) 5:diamond: , 4:diamond: , T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($16,00) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $10,00, CO calls $10,00.

River: ($36,00) 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $14,00, Hero calls $14,00.

Final Pot: $64,00

Villain was very L-aggro postflop in the last 2 rounds I was watching his play, also to mention more like fish-style. So, I considered the flop pretty good for me and I decided to c/push because I was 100% sure he is going to take a shot if I show weakness on the flop, specially on such flop I can easily miss.... ....but he surprised me and checked behind, it really shook me. So, I decided to c-bet as normally would on the flop, but delayed on turn this time and actually expected him to fold or raise in case he hit FD, but he surprised me again, he called. On the river, I actually didn't want to invest much more money in this pot, but on the contrary I was very interested in SD, so, I basically called river for SD, not so much for EV.

Now, that I look back at the hand, I believe c/r line on flop is ok against this villain, turn as played also, but river I believe I should just shove against this fish for max EV.

All comments welcome! :f_grin:
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Burek2000,

Without history I do not get fancy. 43 hands doesn't give you enough information about him seizing iniative when PFR doesnt cbet.

With T as overcard and a FD, I play cBet/Shove postflop

As played, I just shove the remaining $5 in the pot as well thus c/R. if he folds well then you have a good laugh but generally even a bluff calls this $5.

- Gerv