This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] KK CO - OP on suited flop

• TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $20.30
      BU:
      $30.53

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:spade: , K:heart:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.80, BU calls $0.80, 2 folds.

Flop: ($1.90) 3:club: , Q:club: , T:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, BU raises to $3.40, Hero raises to $5.40, BU calls $2.00.

Turn: ($12.70) 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $8.00, [COLOR=red]Hero...[/color]
  • 7 replies
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      I don't like your line here. If you decide to go with your hand you should reraise bigger on the flop and push a non-club turn.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      minraising is not an option, you are asking him to stay in the hand with 5/1 odds

I would fold to his reraise, chances are he either has you beat already or he has a monsterdraw.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nttflox
      I don't like your line here. If you decide to go with your hand you should reraise bigger on the flop and push a non-club turn.
      non club, probably also non ace turn.

call here OOP is nothing good, because you give 2 free cards if opponent wants.

Im incline to go broke here if it was SH, but in FR I can imagine folding it right on the flop after the re-raise
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Talic

Im incline to go broke here if it was SH, but in FR I can imagine folding it right on the flop after the re-raise
      So basically, I should raise/shove on the flop? But not if its FR?

I dont see why fold if its FR and shove if its SH. Im CO, hes BU.

I minraise for info. I respect his raise on flop, BUT I want to see if he really has it. If he shoves my minraise I can safely fold imo. But he doesnt. And turn is a blank. Tough spot for me.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Originally posted by Talic

So basically, I should raise/shove on the flop? But not if its FR?

I dont see why fold if its FR and shove if its SH. Im CO, hes BU.

I minraise for info. I respect his raise on flop, BUT I want to see if he really has it. If he shoves my minraise I can safely fold imo. But he doesnt. And turn is a blank. Tough spot for me.
      Min-raising for info does not work on drawy boards since your giving villain correct odds to call.

You should either push or fold flop.
      His raise shows a lot of strength, a fold would be better I think.

Oh and yeah there is difference between SH and FR because of hand ranges etc.

SH its also a pretty tough situation. Will depend on my history with villain if I push or fold that spot.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Very tough situation.

If you choose to continue on the flop to the 3bet, I think you commit to finding out there and then if you are beat. Without a K :club: you have absolutely no reason at all to call (or make a min-raise that cant be folded to by anything except air).

In fact in this situation a minraise at such a large pot is worse than just-calling because you have nearly no fold equity and no reason to want to see the turn / river yourself.

Raise-broke or fold to the 3bet. We have to ask ourselves what hands the villian is capable of attacking us with here -

* sets
      * top or middle pair + FD
      * OESD + FD / OESFD
      * possibly but unlikely 2pair (bad board for 2 pair such as QT)
      * possibly but very aggressive only a big FD (A or K :club: and missed rag)
      * possibly but unlikely moderate PP with FD (77-99)

We are drawing to 2 outs vs a set; vs pair + FD only (no str) type hand like Qo4c we are 50/50 flipping, vs OESFD we are behind, vs 2pair we are way behind. Vs nut FD we are a little in front but not massively so (11 outs against us), vs moderate PP with FD only a little more (10 outs against us).

So unless we have reason to believe villain is capable of dumb bluffs (bluffing without at least a FD here would be very, very dumb) we should fold KK on such a flop where we dont hold the K :club: . Even if we are in front we often wont be by the river, so we should find better times to play for stacks.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      bet/fold is probably the best here.

in poker its better to raise or fold but not to call (generaly) =)