UTG+1: $9.35
      MP1: $8.12
      MP2: $15.25
      CO: $12.05
      Button: $2.03
      SB: $13.38
      BB: $2

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is UTG with A:spade: A:club:
      [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $0.4[/color], 2 folds, MP2 calls, 4 folds.

Flop: 2:diamond: Q:club: 6:spade: ($0.95, 2 players)
      [color:#cc0000]Hero bets $0.6[/color], [color:#cc0000]MP2 raises to $1.2[/color], Hero calls.

Turn: 4:club: ($3.35, 2 players)
      Hero checks, [color:#cc0000]MP2 bets $1[/color], Hero calls.

River: 3:club: ($5.35, 2 players)
      Hero checks, [color:#cc0000]MP2 bets $0.5[/color], Hero calls.

Results:
      Final pot: $6.35
  • 5 replies
    • rasputin
      rasputin
      Bronze
    • rasputin
      rasputin
      Bronze
      i think play preflop and on the flop are pretty standard. (by 3-betting the flop we allow our opponent to cheaply fold hands like AQ, KQ ...)
      i don't exactly know what to do on the turn, but i think that his little turn-bet respresents a rather mediocre hand.
      therefore i would definitely have bet the river. a straight or flush is rather unlikely and villain will c/b the river most of the time, except if he is a very aggressive opponent who tries to represent a very strong hand (in that case a river-check would make sense).

but maybe i'm totally wrong. :)
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      i think i would have played my hand more aggresively on the turn to protect from flushes and straights.The bets get smaller as the pot grows larger which doesnt make much sense.Checking and calling small bets with a pair of aces doesnt look ideal to me
    • Kendo
      Kendo
      Bronze
      i like to check/raise the turn and shove in all my chips, because this gave us the most protection and also we´ll often get called by a queen at this level.
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      We have an interesting situation here. An Overpair out of position.

So the raise preflop and the bet on the flop are of course default lines. Then we get reraised. That Hero just calls the the minimum raise is also correct because the board is not draw heavy so no need to protect here for hero. Against a reraise from Hero villain would fold a lot of weaker hands but would only call with better hands.

On the turn the plan for Hero is check/call but we of course have a lot of options here:

bet/fold: The advantage of this bet sequence is that we will get still some value from weaker hands, which will call our bet and we don't have to worry about giving away freecards. Of course the disadvantage is that we will fold against a re-raise so we could fold the better hand here. So i would recommend to play this line against more passive players.

check/call: This bet sequence is the best answer against aggressive opponents, who are capable of reraising with weaker hands against our bet from the first line. So we will induce them to bet their weaker hands again and we won't get bluffed out of the hand so often.

bet/call: no option here. Most of the time the pot would get to big we are pot commited and we won't get out of the hand.

check/raise: First of all we should be quite sure that we are ahead here more often because we will generate quite a big pot with our check/raise. This line shines against very aggressive players (maniacs) who will bet a lot of weaker hands here and who will also call your reraise quite frequently.
      check/fold: simply to weak

bet/3-bet: Perhaps an option against some crazy people who don't understand poker :)

All in all the most of the time you should decide between check/call and bet/fold. On NL10 most of your opponents are more passive then aggressive so without any reads here i would recommend bet/fold.