MTT Strategy

• MAGICBRYAN
      MAGICBRYAN
      Bronze
      Hi All

I like to play the odd MTT and sometimes play live too. However, I would like to read up on what PS strategy is on MTT, but am a little unsure on what - if any - articles there are.

There doesn't appear to be any titled MTT, so do I assume the basic theory of SNG to apply, or can someone point me where to start looking for MTT ?

Also I have seen live coaching titled intermediate MTT but none basic.

Am just keen to keep following the good advice from this site that seems to be serving me well in other areas of the game, but can't find specific MTT articles/coachings on basic strategy

All the best
      Bryan
  • 2 replies
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hi,

Most of the silver section in the SnG part of the site is all about tournaments.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sng/#silver

But to apply most of this i would read the basic and bronze sections first ;)

Best Wishes,

-Jack
    • MAGICBRYAN
      MAGICBRYAN
      Bronze
      Hi all

Thanks for the reply KIngdippy. I have read some of the stuff already, but my confusion is that it refers to sng's, which I take to generally mean stt. Some would argue that approach to MTT should be very different.

For example, the general advice in the articles is towards playing only pairs and big Aces etc and folding a lot in the early stage. Yet there is a school of thought that says, in an MTT, you should be looking, in the early stages for every opportunity to build chips, and seeing as many flops as possible. Are you saying that I should follow the PS sng advice and just play pairs and big aces ?

Also, some players always have an eye on the average stack in an MTT and may adjust their play accordinglt. This isn't taught in SNG articles as, in an stt it isn't really important what the average stack is in that sense.

I haven't got into the silver articles yet, so are u saying they are geared more towards MTT ?

All the best
      Bryan