I won a freeroll! lol

• Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Woop! I won a $100 bankroll builder freeroll at party poker last night, winning $20. There were 982 entrants and i've qualified for the $2500 tourney tonight where the top 200 then qualify for a $10k tourney at the end of the month.

To most of you this probably doesn't seem worthy of a mention but i'm quite proud of myself so screw the lot of ya LOL ;)
  • 16 replies
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Hi Wurble,

Congrats on your win, winning any tournament regardless of the buyin is a great achievement! Let us know how you get on in the $2.5k tourny, gl getting into the top 200 :)

Regards,
      Sarah
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Congrats Liam, well played :P

I qualified through the $100 (didn't win it though) recently and the $2.5k.

The $10k monthly is well worth trying to qualify for, because the month I made it, there was something like 1,000 entries and top 600 get paid.
      Just thought you'd like the heads up, definately worth a shot at as your already through the $100.

Congrats again and do let us know how you get on.

Bart

By the way, don't forget to post your winnings in this thread it all helps to reach our target.
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Thanks Sarah and Bart..

I will post my winnings if any! Cheers for the heads up Bart, hopefully there will still be a few hundred donks who drop out quickly in the 2.5k tonight!

Only prob is i'm working till 21:45 - Will be installing party poker at work hehe hopefully i'll not get sacked.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wurble
      Woop! I won a $100 bankroll builder freeroll at party poker last night, winning $20.
      I won $1 in a freeroll with a large field and I was really happy! A win is a win! It can't ALWAYS be about the money. Sometimes there has to be fun to!

Congrats! :s_grin:
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Got knocked out of the 2.5k in 700 and something place lol I'm happy i played properly though so not too disappointed.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Good Job on the 1st place in the $100! I'm Definately not a tourney player but i was soooooo stoked when i got myself $20 in the $10k bbmonthly. (At the time my roll was $35 so that made me really happy)

Takes me back! That was the end of June Last Year! I'd literally spent 1 and a half weeks playing the old SSS before i got That Result!
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Woop! I won a $100 bankroll builder freeroll at party poker last night, winning $20.
      I won $1 in a freeroll with a large field and I was really happy! A win is a win! It can't ALWAYS be about the money. Sometimes there has to be fun to!

Congrats! :s_grin:

+1, I couldn't agree more with tokyoaces & DaPhunk, you've got to enjoy your poker first & foremost, anything financial at the end is just a bonus.

Well done Liam, still a great result. Can always try to qualify for next weeks via the $100 freeroll again.

Just remembered something else about these btw. Party mentioned that you could qualify in more than one and would receive $ back for the 2nd entry won. However when I achieved this one week, they wrote and said "congrats we have refunded your entry fee of $0 back into your account" :D

So basically just try to qualify once each week :f_cool:

Good luck buddy,

Bart
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      LOL cheers Bart... I'm gonna try to build on my winnings! I'll be a happy boy indeed if i can build it to $100 to start using proper BRM playing sng's.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Woop! I won a $100 bankroll builder freeroll at party poker last night, winning $20. There were 982 entrants and i've qualified for the $2500 tourney tonight where the top 200 then qualify for a $10k tourney at the end of the month.

To most of you this probably doesn't seem worthy of a mention but i'm quite proud of myself so screw the lot of ya LOL ;)
      I just won the same tournament. I was lucky in lots of coin flips and I got down a couple of times to almost nill, but everytime I came back. Gained a lot of chips on the bubble. After the bubble 30 people were quickly gone and after the madness I collected lots of scared chips again. My pushes were very succesful. At the final table I sucked out a couple of times and heads up I beat KK with AJ and got my prize:)
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Freerolls are hard to win huh? I finished 19th out of 9000 for one, the first 7000 players who busted busted from suckouts. freerolls definitely are donkaments if you ask me.

But anyway, nice work.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      I don't find them too difficult. I think they're easier than normal MTTs. I already made it to the final table a couple of times. I should have mentioned that I also finished in the money in the $100 freeroll yesterday and won 5$cts. Not very much, but okay. There are lots of things I don't like about Party, but their freerolls are the best I've seen.

And when you play tight in the beginning you'll have lots of chances to double up. When you're playing a little longer most donks are gone and your opponents will be quite easy as they're not very good players.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Won 21$cts in another freeroll where my pocket queens ran into pocket kings.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luitzen
      I don't find them too difficult. I think they're easier than normal MTTs. I already made it to the final table a couple of times. I should have mentioned that I also finished in the money in the $100 freeroll yesterday and won 5$cts. Not very much, but okay. There are lots of things I don't like about Party, but their freerolls are the best I've seen.

And when you play tight in the beginning you'll have lots of chances to double up. When you're playing a little longer most donks are gone and your opponents will be quite easy as they're not very good players.
      They're pure donkaments on pokerstars.
      All in pre-flop with AQs against 85s, 85 wins with a pair of fives.
      AK vs. J8, wins with a pair of jacks.

And that was two hands in a row that I played. I don't know about partypoker, but pokerstars freerolls are hard to do well in.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      That's because in PokerStars there are lots of entrants to freerolls (sometimes over 10k) and only the top 50 or 100 or something like that win a prize which is a ticket to another tournament. That makes these tournaments take a very long time and the reward is small. Therefore there are lots of players which will throw all their chips at their first hand and hope they can double up a couple of times to make it worthwhile to play for the prize.

At PartyPoker there are much less entrants, more prizes and they don't solely consist of tickets.

Full Tilt has the same system as PokerStars, but there are less entrants and freerolls are much more frequent (once every one or two minutes). They're much easier, but their not that much rewarding. Winning a freeroll automatically registers you to a bigger tournament. Unregistering will award you a couple of FTPs (which may be useful to build up a free bank roll). If you already have a bank roll there they're not very interesting, but I learned a lot there, though.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Just finished 633th in today's weekly $2.5k bankroll builder. My two pair ran into a set. I'm very disappointed since I did pretty well and finishing in the top 200 would have given me a ticket to the monthly $2.5k bankroll builder. I'll give it another shot next week.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luitzen
      That's because in PokerStars there are lots of entrants to freerolls (sometimes over 10k) and only the top 50 or 100 or something like that win a prize which is a ticket to another tournament. That makes these tournaments take a very long time and the reward is small. Therefore there are lots of players which will throw all their chips at their first hand and hope they can double up a couple of times to make it worthwhile to play for the prize.

At PartyPoker there are much less entrants, more prizes and they don't solely consist of tickets.

Full Tilt has the same system as PokerStars, but there are less entrants and freerolls are much more frequent (once every one or two minutes). They're much easier, but their not that much rewarding. Winning a freeroll automatically registers you to a bigger tournament. Unregistering will award you a couple of FTPs (which may be useful to build up a free bank roll). If you already have a bank roll there they're not very interesting, but I learned a lot there, though.
      I played one freeroll with 9000 people on pokerstars in which I qualified for a second freeroll. 5000 people were in that second freeroll, so there were quite a lot.

I haven't entered a partypoker freeroll though.