bthiamftw (CO): $50
      x_Tackle_x (Button): $56.35
      Al Kuhl (UTG): $103.30
      Luehkers (SB): $34.45
      HERO (BB): $45.45

Dealt to HERO 8:club: T:spade:

Pre-flop:
      (3 folds), Luehkers calls $.25, HERO checks

Flop: ($1) 9:spade: 7:club: 5:spade: (3 Players)
      Luehkers checks, HERO bets $1, Luehkers calls $1

Turn: ($3) J:heart: (3 Players)
      Luehkers checks, HERO bets $2.25, Luehkers raises to $4.50, HERO raises to $15, Luehkers raises to $32.95 and is all-in, HERO calls $17.95

Snap call on the turn or re-raise?
  • 7 replies
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      Re-raise. I wouldn't want to see a spade, an 8 or a 10 that can kill the action on the river.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nttflox
      Re-raise. I wouldn't want to see a spade, an 8 or a 10 that can kill the action on the river.
      exactly

there can be some arguments about raising pf.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      I know that the raise in this case is for protection and for getting money in the pot if blocking card appears on the river.

However, we know the general rule according to which never go broke in unraised flop unless you have monster (which is my case). But if we assume that also villain assumes this rule, then it is very hard for him to call my reraise. He might e.g. fold top pair or two pair. And flush draw and straight draw is rarely played so agressivelly that it would justify the raise in unraised pot (either it is played pasivelly and we lead out betting with flush draw if we play it agressivelly in unraised pot).

So, another question: Which hands could call my raise to $15?
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      I'm almost sure a half stack donk doesn't know he isn't supposed to get broke in an unraised pot and he would probably stack off with lower straigth, two pairs or sets.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

I'm almost sure a half stack donk doesn't know he isn't supposed to get broke in an unraised pot and he would probably stack off with lower straigth, two pairs or sets.
      +1, exactly this. :P

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      I would go broke with 68, too :D
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      and that is the reason i like to enter my tables half stack sometimes. because you give out the impression you are a donk

:)