Daily updated rakeback stats via the site.

• ShinShya
      ShinShya
      Bronze
      Hello,

My suggestion, and I think its important, is adding a section to the site, for each player here to be able to view how much rakeback she/he made the day before. For example:

May 14th, I played X amount of hands. Out of those hands, I generated X amount of MGR. Out of that MGR (27% rakeback @ full tilt poker.com) I've earned X amount of dollars via rakeback. This data would be available to me on May the 15th.

I think doing something like this will not only allow people see the money they are earning, but also allow them compare different volumes of rake for different stakes and different games. In my opinion, if someone can actually see what they are making per day, it will encourage them to play more.

Maybe make this page as a graph form, so the player can see how she/he progresses day to day, and get a wide view of how their rake goes up or down over longer periods of time depending on how much/what they play.

-Shinshya
  • 3 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hey ShinShya,

IMO, We all have access to this info anyway, in the form of our tracking software. So its a pretty useless idea compared to how much work would be involved. PokerStrategy Elephant will do just what you want ;)

Regards,
      Stiev
    • ShinShya
      ShinShya
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      Hey ShinShya,

IMO, We all have access to this info anyway, in the form of our tracking software. So its a pretty useless idea compared to how much work would be involved. PokerStrategy Elephant will do just what you want ;)

Regards,
      Stiev
      I wouldn't say totally useless, for the reasons I mentioned above. Also if a data base got corrupted or something like that, you will have access to a print out for taxes etc. Its not a lot of work once you get the program plugged in and working for your site, it will do it automatically.

As for just looking up how much you have coming to you might be complicated. Whats the formula for it? I'm not sure how to calculate MGR, also if you are clearing a bonus (which skews MGR) how to you calculate that?

Thanks for your input!

=D
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello ShinShya,

Thank you for the feedback.

While I agree that such extra information could be motivational for a player (this is also why we moved from monthly to weekly rakeback payments) - I am not sure whether the additional work required to put it into practice is worth the effort. Additionally- putting too much emphasis on rakeback and how much you are 'earning' will quickly lead to a wrong mindset.

A winning player does not focus on the rakeback he earned in the last session but on the improvements he made and the effect these had on his winrate. Once you start becoming happy with playing moderately and 'earning' the rakeback you get into a standstill situation where you stop learning and evolving. This will make it even harder to move up in limits and not lead you anywhere. Since we are primarily a poker school and not a rakeback site this is also where we put our focus - on continuing the improvement of our players.

On a technical note - Full Tilt Poker rakeback is calculated from the netrake a player produces. The netrake is the gross rake minus a long list of things such as shop purchases, freeroll participations, transfer fees, playing in tournaments with overlay, etc. In order to implement such a feature Full Tilt would need to send us very detailed information every single day - including information on your played hands (which they don't do atm). The entire process would thus require both us and Full Tilt to go through largescale IT developments.

Since we have so many other IT projects currently running & it also depends on Full Tilt I don't think such a large project will come to existence anytime soon.

Having played there myself I can tell you that CakePoker do actually update the amount of rakeback you receive on a daily basis and let you compare it to the amount of played hands.

Best regards
      SoyCD