Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2,07
      UTG2:
      $7,25

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:spade: , 9:diamond:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0,08, 6 folds, Hero calls $0,06.

Flop: ($0,17) 2:heart: , 6:club: , 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0,08, Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,17

I didnt feel my hand was strong enough to play without initiative.. Still, shouldnt i bet the flop?
  • 4 replies
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      villain is too lose and could have everything. i would c/r with overpair to find where i stand. if u face resistance fold
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      You cannot fold your overpair. Villain will c-bet anything on this flop.

Donking is bad. You cannot represent much and he might easily raise (with anything) your donk not believing you a thing (would you then call?) since the flop was hardly to help you and if it did then you would have waited for hit c-bet.

You might c/r on this flop. But if he calls e.g. with 8x or some kind of straight draw, then you will have troubles on the turn since you are OOP. Therefore, further bet would be required on the turn. If you check on the turn then he might may a move on you.

However, I would prefer calling the flop (since the board is not dangerous) and then donking the turn. By this way, you can get cheaply to the river without being afraid of making a moves by him.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Just bet out on the flop, you have to get value from some kind of overcard type hands. Otherwise as played, I am just Check/Raising it, folding is a way too weak.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      The risk with c/r on the flop is that you isolate yourself against better hands (overpairs). Of course there are some donks who might call you with overcards (especially with AK which they do not want to fold). But this move on such a flop increases a variance. Another problem with c/r is that if an overcard hits, you do not know where you are.