Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2,10
      MP3:
      $5,75

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:club: , J:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, MP3 raises to $0,14, 4 folds, Hero calls $0,06.

Flop: ($0,31) 7:diamond: , K:spade: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0,24, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,31

Does the Call20 rule mean that i call if the we both has more than 20 of the rais - 0.14, or of the amount i need to call - 0.6 ??
  • 2 replies
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      call20 means that when u are calling for set value villain stack should be 20x the raise size. ofcourse you should cover his stack

on the other side there can be some exceptions. if a very aggresive player minraises you and you are sure u can extract alot of vaue from him if u hit calling is also an option.

in this situation i would call also the raise just because villain is very loose and JJ is too strong to fold it preflop against such opponent.

on the flop there are two possibilities

- variance possibility -> raise flop

- nitty and not bad play imo -> fold
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Rule "call20" refers to the amount you have to call, i.e. $0,06 in this case.

Well, he seems to raise a lot. If he made several 3-bets, I might call him on the flop with the intention of donking the turn (maybe floating the river if he does not second barrel often).

But since you called for set value, folding is not bad since you do not know where you stand since there is overcard, flush draw possible and you are without initiative.