[NL2-NL10] nl10 aks

• gummybeared
      gummybeared
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($3.85)
      BB ($5.19)
      UTG ($29.57)
      MP ($9.45)
      Hero (CO) ($10.29)
      Button ($5.36)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, K
      1 fold, MP bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.05, 3 folds, MP raises to $9.45 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $2.25 | Rake: $0

i have had these spots to many times... is there a call read dependant? or will it be profitable, as jj+ aq+ will do this?
  • 4 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gummybeared
      is there a call read defendant? or will it be profitable, as jj+ aq+ will do this?
      It's really opponent defendant.
      Some tight regs will only 4bet/shove you with QQ+ or even KK+ which obviously make a call an EV-
      Some loose fish players can 4bet with AJ+/JJ+ which make the call an EV+

You really need stats/reads on the villain here to decide whether to call or fold.
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      usually people tend to min4bet or just 4bet with AA/KK and they are showing worse hands hoping to generate fold equity. still this is very opponent dependant should u call or not.

on this limit, and if u are not afraid of the variance calling is also na option. nh
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      I go broke preflop for 100BB with QQ+, AK (at SH tables). AKs is a nice hand and I would call (unless I have a good read to do otherwise). And my experience is that direct shove as 4-bet is not usually KK+.

BTW, you should raise just to $0,90 (3x his bet) since you are IP.
    • gummybeared
      gummybeared
      Bronze
      Originally posted by silent21
      usually people tend to min4bet or just 4bet with AA/KK and they are showing worse hands hoping to generate fold equity. still this is very opponent dependant should u call or not.
      that's what I think...

but thanks for the answers all...