This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 aks

• gummybeared
      gummybeared
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($3.85)
      BB ($5.19)
      UTG ($29.57)
      MP ($9.45)
      Hero (CO) ($10.29)
      Button ($5.36)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, K
      1 fold, MP bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.05, 3 folds, MP raises to $9.45 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $2.25 | Rake: $0

i have had these spots to many times... is there a call read dependant? or will it be profitable, as jj+ aq+ will do this?
  • 4 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gummybeared
      is there a call read defendant? or will it be profitable, as jj+ aq+ will do this?
      It's really opponent defendant.
      Some tight regs will only 4bet/shove you with QQ+ or even KK+ which obviously make a call an EV-
      Some loose fish players can 4bet with AJ+/JJ+ which make the call an EV+

You really need stats/reads on the villain here to decide whether to call or fold.
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      usually people tend to min4bet or just 4bet with AA/KK and they are showing worse hands hoping to generate fold equity. still this is very opponent dependant should u call or not.

on this limit, and if u are not afraid of the variance calling is also na option. nh
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      I go broke preflop for 100BB with QQ+, AK (at SH tables). AKs is a nice hand and I would call (unless I have a good read to do otherwise). And my experience is that direct shove as 4-bet is not usually KK+.

BTW, you should raise just to $0,90 (3x his bet) since you are IP.
    • gummybeared
      gummybeared
      Bronze
      Originally posted by silent21
      usually people tend to min4bet or just 4bet with AA/KK and they are showing worse hands hoping to generate fold equity. still this is very opponent dependant should u call or not.
      that's what I think...

but thanks for the answers all...