[NL2-NL10] NL10 KQs

• rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($9.55)
      SB ($10.05)
      BB ($15.35)
      UTG ($10.70)
      UTG+1 ($2.15)
      MP1 ($1.85)
      MP2 ($30.50)
      Hero (MP3) ($8.95)
      CO ($20.80)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, Q
      3 folds, MP2 checks, Hero calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, 1 fold, SB bets $0.20, 1 fold, MP2 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.80) 8, A, 10 (4 players)
      SB bets $0.10, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.50, 1 fold, SB raises to $0.90, Hero raises to $8.75 (All-In), SB calls $7.85

Turn: ($18.30) K (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($18.30) 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $18.30 | Rake: $0.90

Raise preflop? Shove flop ok? Thanks
  • 11 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Yep, if you want to see a flop with this hand raise it up preflop.
      As played shoving the flop is more then OK. nice hand!
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Both raise or call preflop is fine. If there was not a poster or limper, then it is open raise. I prefer call preflop. If you were CO or BU, I would prefer raising.

I like raising on the flop since SB only minbet. If he bet normally, I would just call. I consider this flop as unraised (since minraise preflop is not real raise). Your shove to $8,75 is very bad. You are risking $8,00 to win $2. And if you are called, you are behind. If it was raised pot, it would be raise/raise/....

Just call his minraise. And if you want to raise, then do not shove directly but raise normally (by shoving, you are telling you have a draw).
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Michailewic
      by shoving, you are telling you have a draw.
      Shoving here is not always a draw, it's NL10 after all.
      People can shove here with TP , 2pair or a set.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Generally, if people have TP, set or two pair, then they raise for value (and for giving bad odds to their opponents). So with these range, they want a call, therefore they raise normally. If they have a draw, they do not want call and therefore some people tend to direct shove all-in.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Michailewic
      Generally, if people have TP, set or two pair, then they raise for value (and for giving bad odds to their opponents). So with these range, they want a call, therefore they raise normally. If they have a draw, they do not want call and therefore some people tend to direct shove all-in.
      Sure, the logic is very clear.
      I'm saying that shoving is not always a draw. Some loose fish players can call a shove with a small draw so sometimes I might just shove a set against a loose fish (instead of just 3betting him)
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      - Rebuy to 100bb always
      - Raise preflop
      - Raise his minbet bigger on the flop - 0.8 is better. That way you have an easier time shoving over a reraise. Raising smaller is an option but then you have to shove every turn obviously, and going for max fold equity is good.

I like the shove btw. If you hit a club on the turn or river it nearly always kills the action, so go go :)
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      So, you are in my side Fongie... :)
      I think Michailewic is just thinking here as a NL50 player instead of a NL10 player.
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      thanks guys for the constructive feedbacks :)

He showed A6o if anyone was wondering. Hehe.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rickydaprince

God, what a fish! It makes the argumentation of shoving even stronger.

p.s
      Are you playing in PS?
      if so, do you have his nickname? I'll be glad having him on my buddy list... :s_grin:
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rickydaprince

Well, if he put you exactly on a flush draw, he made a right call :D since he was ahead with his TP.

And you were willing to go broke in an unraised pot (since minraise is not a "raise"). You should have just called his minraised on the flop (to play it according to pot odds).
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Just the epic opportunity of going all in on the flop and sucking out with a royal flush makes me want to ship it :D Nah but really, against most opponents we can count on enough fold equity to shove this flop. If we have stats showing that he's a real showdown monkey then I like calling better. But there were no such stats given so.. I'm still shoving :) Both lines are fine