[NL2-NL10] Folded AA

• andyb43
      I figured I was up against a set here after villians initial limp into the pot.....................thoughts?

Known players:          

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , A:diamond:
      4 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, 4 folds, MP2 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.95) 6:diamond: , 7:heart: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.00, MP2 calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.95) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

River: ($4.95) T:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $2.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $6.95
  • 4 replies
    • sabo999
      I'd be thinkin more 9x :diamond: from the way that one played out? Was his calling range pretty loose? Could it have been like A9 :diamond: J9 :diamond: ?

the set seems a little unlikely because on that board i wudn't really wanna be betting that river with a set i'd be going c/c or c/f depending on the way the other guy had been playing..

be interesting to see what other people think..

AA tough spot; maybe raise more on the flop to avoid letting some1 suck out?

Sabo :club:
    • thebigheizung85
      i'd raise the turn to $3 and fold if he shoves it, the one third pot size bet on the turn seems like someone who wants to draw cheaply....
      stack sizes would be good in this case... depending on the player i would also go broke... NL10 has a lot of fishes
    • Jaissica
      Limp-call from villain gives you a good set read, but remember - stronger villains will attack cbets on such a board believing that you havnt hit with AK AQ AJ QK, which is the hand range they have put you on most often.

40c for that flop could be anything. It could be a diamond draw, any PP, or it could be really random and a straight with suited connectors (least likely).

Raise it up stronger as no one is folding for just 60c into a $2.35 pot if they are drawing here. You needed to raise to more like $2+ to really pressure drawers into make a bad-odds call.

As played, the turn is an effective blank. It potentially gives villain a full book but that doesnt change much, in fact it improves you mostly. You are still drawing to 2 outs vs 88, but improved to 4 outs vs 66 (A A 7 7 give you a bigger FH). 77 got quads but whatever to that. The weak bet still smells like a draw or a bluff induce.

On NL10 with the average player being so aweful im going to fall for the bluff induce like an angry bull to a waved red rag and re-raise the turn big ($4+).

As played on the river any 9 made it, but no way am I folding out AA for 40% pot bet.
    • Michailewic
      Raise to $0,50 preflop - there is one limper.
      Raise more on the flop (to $1,50). You have to protect your hand.
      You must raise on the turn (to $3) but fold to a reraise.
      If he still donks the river, you have to fold.

The above applies if you both had fullstacks.