$22.02
      BB:
      $18.58
      MP3:
      $4.90
      CO:
      $2.30

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:spade: , A:heart: . MP3 posts a blind of $0.05.
      BB posted big blind of just $0.05 and is all-in.
      MP3 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.50, BB calls $0.40, CO calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.55) J:heart: , 4:diamond: , 9:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.95, BB calls $0.95, CO raises to $1.80 (All-In), Hero calls $0.85, BB calls $0.85.

Turn: ($6.95) 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.45, Hero raises to $3.00, BB calls $2.55.

River: ($12.95) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50.

Final Pot: $21.95

What do you think about this hand ? It made me really stressed...
  • 7 replies
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      I would bet the turn to get information. C/c would also be fine on the turn since you do not have to protect and pot control is good idea against deep stack. c/r does not make sense since you are playing for side pot with him where there is nothing.

I would c/c the river to induce a bet. Raising might be dangerous since you were deep and if he raised, you would be likely beaten.
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      Hmm.. I thought by checking I would get the information also. Yes I did not have to protect it. I was the aggressor pre-flop. Then flopped TPTK continuation bet for information if he had over pairs or trips or 2 pairs... Since he was too loose and we were deep and also OOP, I couldn't shove as I do usually. He "donked" on turn I then raised to get information again, he called I put him to a OESD or Jx. River decision was tough. I wanted to raise me but I would throw away my cards if he would raise 3/4 or 1/1 pot.

Lucky me he had QJo :)

:f_love:
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      When you want to raise (especially on the river), ask your self what worse hands are likely to call your raise and whether where are more those weaker hands. If weaker hands would almost always fold but rarely call, then do not raise (unless you are making a move with an air).
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      thank you for you cooperation. I appreciate.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      c/r does not make sense since you are playing for side pot with him where there is nothing.

Hi Michailewic,

Could you just explain what you mean by "...where there is nothing"?

Thanks,

Tim
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      There are no money in the side pot. If he made me fold he would win nothing automatically since he will need to beat CO to win something.
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      definitely check raise is senseless in this spot also you should keep the pots under control... raising might be catastrophic !!