$4.07
      SB:
      $11.47
      BB(Hero):
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6, A.
      7 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.20) 9, A, 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.10, SB calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.40) 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.40) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB raises to $1.6, Hero raises to $1.8(All-In), SB calls $0.20.

Final Pot: $4.00.

Judge my all-in on the river :D
  • 5 replies
    • Hagbard00
      Hagbard00
      Bronze
      I would raise this preflop, because villian will fold most of the time (or take it down on the flop with a c-bet). Open completing SB is soo weak.
      The way you played it, i would bet potsize on the flop and bet on the turn again, because you have to protect against many draws.
      The way you came to the river, i would just check behind. I don't think there are many worse hands that would pay you, besides the pot is way too small to risk your remaining stack in such a marginal spot.
    • MancaMulas
      MancaMulas
      Bronze
      if that is short stack strategy, and you have a top pair but with a low kicker, I would play check/fold
    • PanDuzePE
      PanDuzePE
      Bronze
      he got flush for sure
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      PreFlop;
      Your Check for Freeplay is Fine at This Stage, but you can think about Raising here when you get comfortable. Villain has completed SB which is normally a sign of Weakness. Suited Rag hands and weird 2 gappers are normally his range here and he just wants to see if he can flop a draw here. He will often fold preflop which is a good result for us.

Flop;
      As Played I like your Flop Bet, nothing better than to bet your TP here and get some value out of draws or lower Pockets that don't believe you. I Bet/Fold here.

Turn;
      I actually bet this turn again for a Free Showdown and to make Draws pay me again. I'm Bet/Folding again here.

River;
      As Played, He can easily call your flopbet with a FlushDraw here and on the River the 3rd Spade hits and he makes a check/raise All-in. Even if he doesn't have the flush its likely he's hit two-pair or better so I think your almost always a dog here and Lay It Down.

The Fact he doesn't bet it Directly is odd but on these lower limits where i see people check the nuts all the time in the attempt to slowplay i wouldn't change my line to a call.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Ken,

I bet potsized Flop and barrel the Turn to check behind on the River.

You cannot put him on some kind of hand since you didn't bet the Turn and only bet 1bb on the Flop giving him 3:1 so virtually he can call with wider holdings.

As played, you either have to muck or shove. But it so obvious he has you beat imo, big cooler.

- Gerv