This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 K8s freeplay

• dcmcfyl
      dcmcfyl
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $9.96
      Hero:
      $1.85
      UTG2:
      $10.13
      BU:
      $4.50

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:heart: , K:heart:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.10, 4 folds, BU calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.40) 3:club: , Q:spade: , J:heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG2 checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.40) K:diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, UTG2 folds, BU raises to $0.60, SB folds, Hero calls $0.40.

River: ($1.60) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.15 (All-In), BU calls $1.15.

Final Pot: $3.90
      Did I make the right play on the turn, and should I have gone all in on the river?
  • 4 replies
    • MancaMulas
      MancaMulas
      Bronze
      on the turn you hitted your king, but you have a low kicker. short stack strategy says that you play for all your chips when you have a good kicker for your top pair (jack or better). so check/fold
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      As MancaMulas said, top pair with low kicker = check fold, especially in a multi-way pot.

Even when the second king comes out I'd be careful about putting my money in, there could be completed OESD or even fullhouses on this board.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Turn;

If you want to bet, bet Pot and Bet/Fold it.

a Bet/3bet is out of the Question. Too Strong for your hand.

As played;

Its Certainly possible to call this Raise and Re-evaluate River But I don't know the extent of your post-flop Skills. Its a lot easier and less Variance inducing to just let this one go cheaply.

River;

As played up till now I think you now pretty much have to shove it here. Its now less likely that Villain has the Other King and a better Kicker having limped pre and you'll get called by a Pair of Queens, and some two-pairs that all don't believe you have a King.

I put villain on Qt or Under, Kt or under, some sort of Straight Draw or a purebluff. Could be that he limps Strong hands though since he's unknown. You never can tell till you've played with them a while.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

I just check the Turn, TP no kicker is mostly the most -EV holding you can have to play for shortstacks imo

On the River though, I bet potsized then (always bet potsized in unraised pots with made hands due potbuilding + protection) and shove on a raise.

As played, Bet/Fold the Turn but I should have bet $0.6 at first as I pointed out

Sorry for the delay,
      Gerv