$9.96
      Hero:
      $1.85
      UTG2:
      $10.13
      BU:
      $4.50

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:heart: , K:heart:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.10, 4 folds, BU calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.40) 3:club: , Q:spade: , J:heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG2 checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.40) K:diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, UTG2 folds, BU raises to $0.60, SB folds, Hero calls $0.40.

River: ($1.60) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.15 (All-In), BU calls $1.15.

Final Pot: $3.90
      Did I make the right play on the turn, and should I have gone all in on the river?
  • 4 replies
    • MancaMulas
      MancaMulas
      Bronze
      on the turn you hitted your king, but you have a low kicker. short stack strategy says that you play for all your chips when you have a good kicker for your top pair (jack or better). so check/fold
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      As MancaMulas said, top pair with low kicker = check fold, especially in a multi-way pot.

Even when the second king comes out I'd be careful about putting my money in, there could be completed OESD or even fullhouses on this board.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Turn;

If you want to bet, bet Pot and Bet/Fold it.

a Bet/3bet is out of the Question. Too Strong for your hand.

As played;

Its Certainly possible to call this Raise and Re-evaluate River But I don't know the extent of your post-flop Skills. Its a lot easier and less Variance inducing to just let this one go cheaply.

River;

As played up till now I think you now pretty much have to shove it here. Its now less likely that Villain has the Other King and a better Kicker having limped pre and you'll get called by a Pair of Queens, and some two-pairs that all don't believe you have a King.

I put villain on Qt or Under, Kt or under, some sort of Straight Draw or a purebluff. Could be that he limps Strong hands though since he's unknown. You never can tell till you've played with them a while.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

I just check the Turn, TP no kicker is mostly the most -EV holding you can have to play for shortstacks imo

On the River though, I bet potsized then (always bet potsized in unraised pots with made hands due potbuilding + protection) and shove on a raise.

As played, Bet/Fold the Turn but I should have bet $0.6 at first as I pointed out

Sorry for the delay,
      Gerv