Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $44.94
      Hero:
      $50.00

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:diamond: , Q:diamond:
      Hero raises to $1.75, 4 folds, BB calls $1.25.

Flop: ($3.75) 9:heart: , 4:diamond: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($3.75) Q:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, BB calls $2.50.

River: ($8.75) 8:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $6.00, BB raises to $12.00, Hero calls $6.00.

Final Pot: $32.75

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of queens (Kd Qd)
      BB shows two pairs, eights and fives (8c 5h)

BB wins with two pairs, eights and fives (8c 5h)
  • 4 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Every time someone check-raises on the river god kills a kitten. Slowly.

I would play as played and make a note that BB is an idiot river check-raiser OOP, and check behind with moderate hands more often in future.
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Silver
      i'd fold on the river... a min-c/r on the river shouts out loud that he wants to get value for his hand... no question he played it like a fish would play it, but the 8 is still a scare card since the most likely drawing hands get there.... you checked the flop, so a flush draw is possible and a 6 7 straight draw (the most likely straight draw)

i wouldn't blame you for value betting against such a fish, but since the flush is there i would assume that my opponent (even a fish) wouldn't like to call too often a two thirds pot size bet with just a pair of 9s 4s or 5s....
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      I would not bet that high on the river since too many draws etc. complete + villain will not pay a big bet on the river with weak Q.

As played.... man that situation sucks, but just fold it. He must have you beat here somehow.

I'd just either check behind river if I feel like a scared girl... or I would bet a bit over half the pot.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Flop: Do you have any reason not to CBet the flop? Without a specific reason just CBet here.

As played
      Turn: Fine.
      River: I would bet a bit less, ~$5 and fold to a raise because you are very often behind here but if you have seen him doing such moves before then I might Call for info and note him down.

Best regards,
      Rensu