This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

ICM question

• AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      How do we treat limpers when it comes to push fold, do we still push over the top?

Is first in considered to be first raise/push, oe as soon as someone limps are we folding all but premium hands with less than 13 blinds left?
  • 6 replies
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      I think you ignore them and treat them as dead money which only improve your pot odds.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I usually treat the situation as if I had one more person to push through or I were one position earlier. Someone who's stupid enough to limp in push or fold is also sometimes stupid enough to limp/call...

EDIT: I had to edit this what I wrote earlier wasn't even a sentence. That happens when you play an MTT all night and then try to post something in the forums.. :D
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Moved to SnG Discussion
    • Rauchg
      Rauchg
      Bronze
      In my experience, limpers just give you more fold equity..
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      When it comes to limpers I base my decision on my reads of the villain and I put him on a limp/call range... based on that I decide whether or not I push over the limper... If there are multiple limpers then I wanna push hands with decent equity, but remember the dead money in the pot so not tooooo tight...
    • deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      this is a complicated subject in my eyes. it all depends about reads.
      as a general rule I push a little bit tighter if someone limped
      and you have to keep track on what kind of limper that is. did he limp 4 times and you pushed over, already? then he must be getting frustrated and call you with his good looking suited connectors. which isnt a bad thing, just means you have to push tighter
      there are also the limp with monster traps, boy I hate them. if it's coming from a regular its pretty easy to see, but if its a random fish that limped several times already then you just cant see it coming. i guess theres an advantage to limping in high blind levels...