MP1: $1.18
      MP2: $6.92
      MP3: $7.62
      Hero: $11.70
      Button: $3.55
      SB: $10.15
      BB: $3.25

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with :2:club: :2:spade:
      2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, 2 folds, 2 folds, BB checks.

Flop: :6:heart: :2:heart: :A:spade: ($0.55, 5 players)
      BB checks, MP1 bets $0.3, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero raises to $1, BB folds, MP1 calls all-in $0.78, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: :k :diamond: ($4.87, 3 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $4.87)
      MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $3.5, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

River: :4:diamond: ($15.37, 3 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $4.87, Sidepot 1: $10.5)
      MP2 checks, MP3 bets $1, Hero raises to $3, MP2 calls all-in $2.24, MP3 calls all-in $1.94.
      Uncalled bets: $0.06 returned to Hero.

Results:
      Final pot: $23.49
  • 2 replies
    • FaithKoala
      FaithKoala
      Bronze
      I usually don't like to play very low pocket pairs at all, but this is from a late position and quite enough people have limped in already making hoping for a set somewhat justified. So pre-flop I agree with, raise would not be wise.

Flop once again makes sense. After hitting a set there are only two hands in total that beat Hero. Nobody showed signs of AA preflop and if someone really has a set of 6s then its just poker and you have to live with it.

The raise on the flop also somewhat protects against flushdraws, or at least makes them pay to see the next card.

The turn is even better for a set of 2s. Still only two hearts on the board and the king could generate more action from people who hit the 2nd top pair or even two pair. The raise is big enough to once again make people with flushdraw pay a big sum to see the river. And people with high pair and high kicker have a tough time folding here.

The river is not the best card. It makes a 2-6 straight possible, but it is not likely that anyone would have come this far with such bets with just an inside straight draw unless it was with 3 :heart: 5 :heart: .
      But a reraise on the river is very wise it pushes everyone else all-in and the Hero does have a hand that is very likely the best out there.

I would have played the hand very similarly. I might have simply called on the flop to not show too much strength, but with a chance of a 3rd heart to the board it was probably better to raise anyway. And since everyone besides the hero was all-in on showdown anyway additional slowplay would not even have been neccessary.

If hero did not win this hand the only somewhat logical defeat I can see is from someone who had 3 :heart: and 5 :heart: . Or from a somewhat illogical slowplay from someone with AA.

Who won :D ?
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      For advanced players this hand might not be that interesting but i just want to point out the importance of protection with this hand.

Preflop this hand is played correct. When hero needs to act the pot is $1. after his raise the pot is $2. big. So now lets say MP2 is holding the flush draw, he is a 1 to 4 udnerdog but he can call profitable because he can expect a lot implied odds.

After the call from MP1, he gets pot odds of 0.3 to 3.23 which is about 1 to 11. Recall: He only needs 1 to 3 to call profitable and when he can call profitable we have made a big mistake. Our raise on the flop wasn't big enough. When we raise to $1.7 our opponent gets 1.4 to 3.93 pot odds (implemented that the shortstack will call/and most of the time he will) And that is about 1 to 2.8 So if he calls here he is doing a big mistake. This mistake gets much bigger in the rare situations where the shortstack will not call. So a raise on the flop to $1.6 or $1.7 is the smart move here. A raise to $1.6 would give him pot odds of about 1 to 2.95 but i think he would also call a 1.7 raise if he would call a 1.6 raise so i would prefer to raise to 1.7.