Roswellx's Poker Road journal (Now NL10 SH BSS on Everest)

• roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I decided to blog my progress as all the fellows do. I'm from Bulgaria. I'm one exam away from getting my Industrial Engineering degree. I have a decent income from my current job. But there things I would like to realize so I was introduced to poker by my roommate who is playing from time to time.

The main reason this blog will not have some long posts is I constantly write somethings at work and really don't want waste some time writing every detail.

I've been playing poker almost 1 year now. I found PS.com accidentally and was excited when I found that everything was for FREE.

I've been playing low stakes (NL50) before I found PS.com. Then I realized my little success, had just over 2k BR, was not a success at all but beginner luck.

I changed gears after reading the strategies on PS.com and started to play from the beginning (actually not exact beginning NL10).

Here is what I decided so far:

- Play strictly according to BRM rules.

BRM:

(Do NOT ^ infinity) = never move to next limit unless you have 40 BI for the next limit :spade: . This will mean to me that I beat the limit and ready to move up.
      - Drop to previous limit If you lose 5 BI after moving up.
      - Watch upper limit for sometime to get an idea of possible challenges.
      =====================================================

- Play NL BSS.
      - Play against :f_love: (no need to go in conflict with good player)
      - Play TAG.
      - Post the hands which made you sweat and then ask for help.
      - Improve your multi-tabling abilities and also multi monitoring.
      - Clean your desk :f_biggrin: don't put things in front of your monitors which may distract your attention.
      - Teach your girlfriend how to play good poker.
      - Reward yourself each month with some clothes, accessories, equipment whatever.
      - Wear off your computer glasses after playing 4398734985734 hours and rest.
      - OMG this list is long but "HAVE TO".
      - Update this blog at least once a week.
      - Attend coachings and watch some famous players online games.
      =====================================================
      For this month, here is my graphic.

• 23 replies
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Hello roswellx,

That's quite a nice set of rules you have set up for yourself - I hope you can manage to respect them. Keep us posted on your evolution :f_love:

Best regards,
      vhallee
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      Today, I had some time to play poker. I'm up +30$ today.

My Br on bwin is on the increase, though I can't say I'm having good cards. Table selection is the key ingredient to success.

Current BR = 453 $

I will move to NL20$ when I reach 800. I expect to reach it in a month or so with the help of a 100 $ bonus :f_cool:
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      Ok today, I'm very sick... I have throatache and cold. I've played some poker from my girlfriend's laptop. Here are the results for today:

I've found major leak in my head :) . I realized the only player I have weakness is "Maniacs" I really find it hard to play against them. I guess I should read the gold member articles once again after moving my BR to some site where PS tracks it. Cheers fellows. Wish ya fishy days :f_biggrin:

BR: 582 $
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      The sickest hand I lost to a total fish is as follows:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $9.44
      MP3:
      $21.53
      Hero:
      $13.32

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9:club: , 9:diamond:
      MP3 raises to $0.45, Hero calls $0.45, 2 folds, BB calls $0.35.

Flop: ($1.40) 8:diamond: , 9:spade: , K:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25, BB folds.

Turn: ($3.90) K:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $3.00, Hero raises to $6.00, MP3 calls $3.00.

River: ($15.90) 8:club: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $4.00, Hero calls $4.00.

Final Pot: $23.90

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, nines full of kings (9c 9d)
      MP3 shows a full-house, kings full of eights (7c Kh)

MP3 wins with a full-house, kings full of eights (7c Kh)

Never slow down against a fish I should have moved all in on turn. I never min raise but anyway I accept that this was a terrible mistake terrible...
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      OK. Today was extremely good for me. Even though my eyes suffered from being 10+ hours in front of the computer. After my night shift working all night long :f_cry: , I slept 3,5 hours and sat down to play some poker. I know today weather is sunny in Bulgaria and gotta go to fishing. Here are the fishing results:

I can't describe the feeling of playing poker comfortable with your bankroll. I recommend to everybody to follow their BRM to the letter.

Here is the graph for May:

BR: 677$

Suck outs of the day as follows:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $16.96
      Hero:
      $12.11
      BU:
      $6.54

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , A:spade:
      CO folds, BU calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.50, BU calls $0.40, SB calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.50) 9:spade: , 7:club: , Q:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.00, BU folds, SB raises to $2.00, Hero raises to $6.00, SB calls $4.00.

Turn: ($13.50) A:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $10.46 (All-In), Hero calls $5.61 (All-In).

River: ($29.57) 4:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $29.57

Hero shows three of a kind, aces (Ah As)
      SB shows a pair of nines (9c Ts)

Hero wins with three of a kind, aces (Ah As)

:f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:

NOW THIS IS HOW Sets played:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $9.95
      Hero:
      $10.10
      BU:
      $10.28

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2:diamond: , 2:club:
      Hero folds, Hero calls $0.10, BU raises to $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.95) J:club: , 3:diamond: , 2:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU bets $0.70, BB folds, Hero raises to $1.80, BU calls $1.10.

Turn: ($4.55) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.85, BU raises to $8.18 (All-In), Hero calls $5.15 (All-In).

River: ($20.73) J:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.73

Hero shows a full-house, deuces full of jacks (2d 2c)
      BU shows two pairs, jacks and eights (Ac 8s)

Hero wins with a full-house, deuces full of jacks (2d 2c)

Fish: OMG OMG OMG, I have a pair, I have a pair
      Hero: What daaaa, hmm, let's see how did you play from the beginning. Time is running out. OK let's do some gamble maybe I have the bankroll. Got decent hand. Let's give it a try.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $18.42
      CO:
      $10.00

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:club: , Q:diamond: . CO posts a blind of $0.10.
      CO checks, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.50, BB folds, CO calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.10) 4:diamond: , J:spade: , K:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, CO calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.50) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60.

River: ($3.70) J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, CO raises to $8.20 (All-In), Hero calls $5.20.

Final Pot: $20.10

Hero shows three of a kind, jacks (Jc Qd)
      CO shows two pairs, jacks and fours (4c As)

Hero wins with three of a kind, jacks (Jc Qd)

Nice try idiot :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      beautiful graph, maybe i should switch back to NL10 :D
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      What limits are you playing currently ?
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      My current stats:

• Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by roswellx
      What limits are you playing currently ?

$.5/1 to $2/4 NL SH with 30BB cap, winning less than you this month :(
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      You play BS or SS ? Maybe you should go to limits where your win rate is higher than the current one :(

I found a very lucky hand of mine while analyzing the pocket pairs. Look at this sick hand:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $12.30
      BB:
      $10.14

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5:heart: , 5:club: . Hero posts a blind of $0.10.
      BB calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.30) 3:diamond: , 5:spade: , T:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, Hero folds, BB calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.70) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks.

River: ($0.70) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BB raises to $2.25, Hero raises to $12.00 (All-In), BB calls $7.59 (All-In).

Final Pot: $22.54

Hero shows four of a kind, fives (5h 5c)
      BB shows a full-house, nines full of fives (9d 9c)

Hero wins with four of a kind, fives (5h 5c)
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Nice with a new SH blog. I spotted some things though..
      - Never ever open limp with small pocket pairs, they should always be raised first in
      - Your gap between VPIP and PFR is very big (9%), normally it shouldn't be bigger than 4%. You call/limp too much or raise too little.

Don't be afraid to post hands :)
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      OMG, there are some problems with bwin's system they don't show my winnings correctly :f_mad:
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      Alright, I started taking shots with my 40 BI BR at NL20 tables. Here are the results for yesterday and today:

I'm getting used to the betting limits... Slightly better players. There are too many midstacks who play like a maniac. I hate them but I'll find a way to cope with them. I must focus on adjusting according to player types now. NL10 didn't need much adjusting but NL20 shows its difference slightly.

I have cleared the bonus now and the technical glitch at bwin has been fixed. They gave my $$$ back :f_love:

BR stands at: 850 $
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      Today, I made a short session on NL20 tables. Unfortunately, there was a maniac I waited about an hour to stack him but no premium no suited connectors no broadways nothing came so I couldn't stack him. Anyway I'm still up 1,25 stack for today.

Here is the monthly graph:

BR: 880$
      41BB/100
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      How many tables do you play?

You are running god-like, any idea why?
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      Today, I played 3 tables. I usually play 5 tables without hud since I have some issues with PT3's hud. I have 2 lcds 22" and 19"... Running big tables not mini :( . I've read the articles to the gold. I was gold previously. Watched the videos repeatedly and recalling the spots in the videos while playing. Then judging what could be the best decision. I still have tons of leaks or information which is unrevealed or not learnt out there. Also the 40BI BRM rule is supporting my confidence. My real enemy is not the bad tilt but the happy tilt. It was destroying me in the past. Now I'm trying somehow to control myself to not tilt in anyway. If AA is cracked it's not a big deal anymore as I convince myself that I have done everything I could do and lost to luck not a better decision maker. BRM is the %50 of success in poker I think. It eliminates many psychological issues.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roswellx
      Today, I played 3 tables. I usually play 5 tables without hud since I have some issues with PT3's hud. I have 2 lcds 22" and 19"... Running big tables not mini :( . I've read the articles to the gold. I was gold previously. Watched the videos repeatedly and recalling the spots in the videos while playing. Then judging what could be the best decision. I still have tons of leaks or information which is unrevealed or not learnt out there. Also the 40BI BRM rule is supporting my confidence. My real enemy is not the bad tilt but the happy tilt. It was destroying me in the past. Now I'm trying somehow to control myself to not tilt in anyway. If AA is cracked it's not a big deal anymore as I convince myself that I have done everything I could do and lost to luck not a better decision maker. BRM is the %50 of success in poker I think. It eliminates many psychological issues.
      ah you were gold, no wonder =)
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      After long time and a downswing here is my current graph since I started NL20... I'm rereading the articles and watching the videos when I have some time. I moved down to NL10 and then mixed the tables as NL10 and NL20 shouldn't be much different. I'm getting used to it.

I cleared 150 $ bonus so this graph doesn't show the exact BR but anyway.

Until the end of June I want to make my BR about 1400 $ so I can start playing NL30. I decided to have at least 60 BI for NL50 before starting taking shots, it will take time but who made it so fast ? Gimme some luck :P and time for grind.
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      I haven't been playing last week. I withdrew my BR at bwin as their software sucked... My Core2Duo 4GB ram pc crashed when I was 10 tabling. So bye bye bwin for now and welcome Everest Poker. I've been playing on Everest for 3 days as you may know from the IRC channel. So far so good. I've just started with 100$ there to find out what is my comfort zone, how are the players, software and so on....

At this point I wanna open a parenthesis and thank you to Jumbles (IRC) who told me about the Poker Win which allowed me to play 8+ tables otherwise I was playing 7 tables which sucked.

I opened my account on 17.06.2009 and by now I'm up 200 $ including 54$ bonus of 300$... I guess I'll clear it until the end of this month.

There are good players and bad players on Everest which is ideal for me... It's really hard to play against fishes as cbet does not work against them and my nerve system cannot handle their loads sometimes. Wow my grammar is perfect :s_frown: Though I'm grateful to the :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: who provided me 800$ last month.

I guess I'll be Platinum in the end of next month... We'll see... Feels good 3 days heater.

Here is the graph of 3 days NL10 BS SH play starting from 17.09.2009:

See you in my next post ;)