This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AA utg2 - River shove ok?

• TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $20.00
      Hero:
      $20.30
      MP3:
      $17.54

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:club: , A:heart:
      Hero calls $0.20, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.20, 3 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.70) 5:heart: , K:club: , 9:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, MP3 calls $0.60, BB folds.

Turn: ($1.90) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.60, MP3 calls $1.60.

River: ($5.10) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $17.90... (All-In)

Final Pot: $38.14
  • 2 replies
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      I make standart open raise because limp/raise is in my opinion so expoloitable here

and valuebet river 3/4 of pot because with shove even the 2nd best flush will fold
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Preflop, that is one kitten that will never meow again, and its all your fault! :s_biggrin:

Seriously though, if your intent was limp-raise, yuck. As you are a thinking TAG regular such a move screams "hi I have AA*! *disclaimer - may be KK very rarely" and normally might win you a steal from late position players. Yay for winning 80 cents with our aces.

Limp-call is something I consider if im on a table that has very high ORL players (35+) in BU and SB though. Limp-call preflop, play as though youve hit a set postflop. Still a dangerous line to take, but at least you are most often not stuck in a limped pot postflop.

Best to just raise it up.

As played bet-call flop, check-call turn, bet-broke river. I dont want to bet-broke such a flop especially vs BB as if BB is playing raise-broke here they could easily have a retarded two pair like 59o.

Im not sure why we maniac-shove the river. Do we want MP3 to think we are trying to buy our way out of a bluff line? If so we should have escalated on the turn first, but we couldnt because we didnt have a strong enough hand. So the move doesnt really make alot of sense to regulars, much less to a 40/0 (0.3) fish who probably barely understands his own hand most the time, but will be scared by the idea of losing $15. The only hand that is paying that shove is probably K :heart: , and the fishy might even fold that here - :f_eek:

Just make a reasonable value bet somewhere close to pot-sized.