[NL20-NL50] AA utg2 - River shove ok?

• TheBrood
      Known players:

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:club: , A:heart:
      Hero calls $0.20, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.20, 3 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.70) 5:heart: , K:club: , 9:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, MP3 calls $0.60, BB folds.

Turn: ($1.90) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.60, MP3 calls $1.60.

River: ($5.10) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $17.90... (All-In)

Final Pot: $38.14
  • 2 replies
    • Talic
      I make standart open raise because limp/raise is in my opinion so expoloitable here

and valuebet river 3/4 of pot because with shove even the 2nd best flush will fold
    • Jaissica
      Preflop, that is one kitten that will never meow again, and its all your fault! :s_biggrin:

Seriously though, if your intent was limp-raise, yuck. As you are a thinking TAG regular such a move screams "hi I have AA*! *disclaimer - may be KK very rarely" and normally might win you a steal from late position players. Yay for winning 80 cents with our aces.

Limp-call is something I consider if im on a table that has very high ORL players (35+) in BU and SB though. Limp-call preflop, play as though youve hit a set postflop. Still a dangerous line to take, but at least you are most often not stuck in a limped pot postflop.

Best to just raise it up.

As played bet-call flop, check-call turn, bet-broke river. I dont want to bet-broke such a flop especially vs BB as if BB is playing raise-broke here they could easily have a retarded two pair like 59o.

Im not sure why we maniac-shove the river. Do we want MP3 to think we are trying to buy our way out of a bluff line? If so we should have escalated on the turn first, but we couldnt because we didnt have a strong enough hand. So the move doesnt really make alot of sense to regulars, much less to a 40/0 (0.3) fish who probably barely understands his own hand most the time, but will be scared by the idea of losing $15. The only hand that is paying that shove is probably K :heart: , and the fishy might even fold that here - :f_eek:

Just make a reasonable value bet somewhere close to pot-sized.