Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $20.16
      UTG2:
      $5.01

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with T:heart: , T:spade:
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.80, UTG2 calls $0.80, 7 folds.

Flop: ($1.90) A:club: , K:spade: , 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0.20, Hero raises to $1.00, UTG2 calls $0.80.

Turn: ($3.90) Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20.

River: ($4.30) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $3.01 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $7.31

cbet right? Is c/r bad here? How bad?
      I felt sure he would raise if I cbet. So I thought c/f was better but then he minbets. What does his minbet ip mean usually? Seems like bait now that I look at it again.
  • 4 replies
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Silver
      i think your raise on the flop is too weak... i normally ignore the mindonkbet and just adjust my bet/raise size... i would raise to around $2 and if he calls in that spot i would try to check the hand down, though seems to be a big fish (ok 9 hands don't say too much)... there might be better spots later to stack him

having said all that i missed that you checked the flop... i would cbet there around 2/3 to 4/5 of the pot and if he calls i would mostly shut down the action
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Just make the CBet on flop and fold to a further actions. I don't like the Check/Raise there. But ye I am often raising such donk-bets but this case is better to CBet myself.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      c/c until he makes a very serious bet

i would not check raise, you want a controlled pot since you are not probably ahead and the guy goes to showdown so often

in this hand it is a case of trying to win a little, but more importantly lose less

my 2 cents
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      I would just c/f. C-betting against a shortstack with two overcards on the flop is a really bad idea. He would push anything.