This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] TT utg1 - bad flop, villain minbets

• TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $20.16
      UTG2:
      $5.01

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with T:heart: , T:spade:
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.80, UTG2 calls $0.80, 7 folds.

Flop: ($1.90) A:club: , K:spade: , 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0.20, Hero raises to $1.00, UTG2 calls $0.80.

Turn: ($3.90) Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20.

River: ($4.30) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $3.01 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $7.31

cbet right? Is c/r bad here? How bad?
      I felt sure he would raise if I cbet. So I thought c/f was better but then he minbets. What does his minbet ip mean usually? Seems like bait now that I look at it again.
  • 4 replies
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Bronze
      i think your raise on the flop is too weak... i normally ignore the mindonkbet and just adjust my bet/raise size... i would raise to around $2 and if he calls in that spot i would try to check the hand down, though seems to be a big fish (ok 9 hands don't say too much)... there might be better spots later to stack him

having said all that i missed that you checked the flop... i would cbet there around 2/3 to 4/5 of the pot and if he calls i would mostly shut down the action
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Just make the CBet on flop and fold to a further actions. I don't like the Check/Raise there. But ye I am often raising such donk-bets but this case is better to CBet myself.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      c/c until he makes a very serious bet

i would not check raise, you want a controlled pot since you are not probably ahead and the guy goes to showdown so often

in this hand it is a case of trying to win a little, but more importantly lose less

my 2 cents
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      I would just c/f. C-betting against a shortstack with two overcards on the flop is a really bad idea. He would push anything.