[NL2-NL10] NL10SH variance or bad play

• silent21
      silent21
      Global
      First of all let me introduce you villain

21/17 4.9 3bet 3.8af 32wtsd 700 hands

i have alot of hands from him but somehow no real read. for me according to his stats this guy is playing solid TAG. and here is what happened today on the very same table, please note the time staps !

Around 7AM
      I am BB and villain is SB. Everyone folds till us and he directly shoved for 10$. I was holding AQs but decided that i will wait for a better spot.

still open shove from SB was ??? WTF IS THIS TAG DOING ???

7:14:48
      Preflop: Hero is Button with Q, Q
      UTG calls $0.10, MP checks, CO bets $11.58 (All-In), Hero calls $11.58, 4 folds

UTG is pure fish, and villain made again this fancy play to shove so i decided to call him.

villain showed AA, should i call in such spot ?

Five minutes later we are still on the same table
      UTG [pure fish with full stack] raises and CO villain open shoved again. UTG called and villain showed JJ. from here i was left with the impression his openshove range is JJ+

After 5 more minutes
      i managed to stack CO for 10$ with set vs set in a normal play [ fish raises we both called with low pp ]

After 3 more minutes
      MP fish with 6.xx stack raises CO shoved directly, MP calls and villain shows AKs

Few minutes later - 7:33:31
      Preflop: Hero is Button with Q, Q
      UTG calls $0.10, MP bets $0.20, CO raises to $38.61 (All-In), Hero calls $19.60 (All-In), 4 folds

we are deepstacked, i am tilted because of the omg session and i already saw him doing this with JJ and AK

i call CO showed AGAIN AA
      - i wrote "sick"
      - villain wrote "fish"
      - i broke my precious icemat mousepad
  • 5 replies
    • Baconbits
      Baconbits
      Bronze
      ouch, nasty session.

the guy likes to get it in doesn't he. personally i'd be leaving the table quite
      early on, that sort of thing can get into your head and ruin your day. you
      seem a decent enough player, no need to get into a guessing game or a
      crap shoot, just find a better table.
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      there were 3 big fishes on this table which donated alot but at the end i was the donator :D
    • Baconbits
      Baconbits
      Bronze
      lol, at least you can smile now :D

I must say the comment at the end would've snapped me too.

seriously tho, I made a rule up a while back, as soon as I deviate from my normal game and start thinking 'I'm gonna get me a hand and get this bastard' I'm off. I've not cracked any monitors since...
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      lol unlucky man... personally I would also be leaving the table against such an opponent. Plenty of more fish in the sea! :D
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Lol that's sick, what's he doing? Man QQ is so close, with 100bb it's a snapcall for me but 2 stacks?! No.. I think I'd fold actually. You don't really want to flip for 200bb either in case he has AK. I'd call with KK+.... but it's really close :baby:

Hope you have made notes on him :P