$6.45
      BB:
      $7.75
      UTG2(Hero):
      $9.85
      MP1:
      $3.80

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with J, J.
      Hero raises to $0.4, MP1 calls $0.40, 4 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.30) J, J, 3 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, MP1 folds, SB raises to $1.3, Hero raises to $2.6, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.10.

Should I have just called SB's raise to try and extract more value on remaining streets or is my reraise ok? thanks
  • 4 replies
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      on the flop u should bet more, like 1$. this is because regardless of your hand - air or monster you should always cbet the same amount so u can disguise your hand.after his c/r there is no point to reraise him again when u are holding the absolut nuts. i would take some time to think [fishes on this limit always take for granted that when you are slow with your play then u are having a marginal hand], then call and let him bluff on the turn again.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      The c-bet is actually OK (should be more like 80c). The reraise is not.
      He can have a small PP , a 3 or a FD.
      As you can see he can't call your reraise with these hands. Just call his raise, let him catch his draw (if he in on one)
      On the turn you can call a bet, or bet yourself if he checks.
      On the river we obviously value betting.
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Thanks your for replies guys... yeah I thought about this one, and I think just calling his reraise is probably better. :]
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Actually, both lines are fine on the flop.

You can slowplay since you want to represent that you are not sure on the flop agaisnt two opponents (i.e. you do not want to c-bet e.g. with A-high agaisnt two on flush draw and paired flop). But if it is checked to you on the turn, you have to bet.

You can also c-bet this flop since you would c-bet against two opponents a paird flop which might likely miss them. If you are, however, raised, I would just call to induce that I might have something but I am still afraid (which may induce further bet on the turn especially when you have a position).

But if you c-bet, then c-bet 2/3-3/4 of the pot. Your small c-bet and small reraise is kinda strong and hard for the villain to call since he might have middle pair at maximum (since he would raise preflop with QQ+)