$12.62
      SB:
      $12.36
      BB:
      $11.15

Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF/Hands)
      UTG1 - 24/16/inf/25

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q, Q.
      CO posts deadblind, UTG1 raises to $0.45, Hero raises to $1.3, 6 folds, UTG1 calls $0.85.

Flop: ($2.85) 8, 5, K (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2.85) Q (3 players)
      UTG1 bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50.

River: ($5.85) 7 (3 players)
      UTG1 bets $5.00, Hero calls $5.00.

Final Pot: $15.85.

Hi,
      Kinda stupid hand :f_frown:

Flop: after I 3bet and he calls preflop, I think he usually has AK and is check-raising. Decided to take a free card on this dry board. Should I Cbet here?
      Turn: wow, isn't that nice? now I'm sure I have the best hand. But can't raise him without shoving, and shoving turn after checking flop makes my hand rather obvious. Or doesn't it? I didn't think I had to protect vs anything except A:heart: K:heart: , and what are the chances of him having exactly that, and another heart showing up on the river? Also the villain is aggressive (sample size is small, but looks that way), so if he really has AK, I probably can get all his stack in the middle on the river (but I'm not sure he calls my shove here with AK). So decided to just call. I think it was my main mistake in this hand, should've shoved here. What do you think?
      River: well, the flush got there, and with this bet, I don't have any fold equity if I shove. So decided to call in case he does have A:heart: K:heart: after all (and of course he did)

What do you think, was I unlucky or was the hand played badly? :)
  • 6 replies
    • damianvox
      damianvox
      Bronze
      I definetely do a c-bet on the flop. Then it's no question what to do on the turn. And he'll call your shove with AK.
      Then the river is bad luck,nice hand for him
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Its rare that you get an example of playing too weak then too cute in the same hand.

Easy cbet-fold from IP after caller checks here on the flop, then raise-broke after we set up on the turn.

If UTG1 is trying to set us up for a check-raise he is a horrible player.
    • Yuris125
      Yuris125
      Bronze
      I agree about the turn. But what's the purpose of Cbet on this flop? I'm ahead of lower pps (they have 8% chance against me) and behind AK and maybe a stupid set with 88 (I have 8% chance). If he didn't 4bet KK preflop for some reasons, I'm almost dead. The board is dry, and if the turn card is blank, I can still get value from lower pps on later streets. But there's at least a 50% chance that I'm way behind. Why is Cbet better than free card in this spot?
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      c-bet this flop.

As played, raise him of the turn. If he does not have King or flush draw, he will fold. But anyway you will not get any further value from hands other than Kx (or flush draw which completes and which will get value from you). If he has Kx, he will pay you off. And Qx is very unlikey.
    • Yuris125
      Yuris125
      Bronze
      I see everyone agrees that I should c-bet this flop. But I still don't understand what's the purpose of c-bet. I'm often behind on this flop in a 3bet pot. Stronger hands are not folding to a c-bet. In case I'm indeed behind, he gives me another chance to catch a set. Why not take it, call a bet on the turn (if it's not an A or a Q) and re-evaluate the river?
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Would you call or fold if you did not catch your queen (2-outer) on the turn? If you check behind, you might bluff you out of the pot with worse hands. If you c-bet that flop, you will define your hand and get information which you will not get if you check behind.