Can't enter data

• mtpoker25
      mtpoker25
      Basic
      - Due to the legal situation in your country, you are not table to register at PokerStrategy. Please accept our apologies.

I get that when trying to enter data but .com sites are accepting US players now so what's the deal, why can't you let me sign up??
  • 4 replies
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Dear mtpoker25,

Thanks for your question.

In 2006 ,US lawmakers passed the so called Unlawful Internet Gambling Act (UIGEA). While we believe that it does not apply to PokerStrategy.com, as a legal precaution, we fully comply with it.

Thus it is our policy not to accept customers from the USA.

This means that we unfortunately cannot allow you to have an account at PokerStrategy.com.

With regards to our bonus codes we would like to ask you not to use them. Furthermore, any bonus or promotion linked to the bonus code is usually entirely up to the respective poker site. Therefore, we are unfortunately not able to offer you any further support or advice on this matter.

In addition to that, we would like to advise you to carefully research the respective federal and state laws that apply to you in order to establish whether playing poker online is legally allowed in your jurisdiction and act accordingly.

Regards,
      Sarah
    • mtpoker25
      mtpoker25
      Basic
      Not only was there no indication that US players would not be accepted anywhere during sign-up or during the quiz and various other steps, but this provision you speak of does not apply, unless:

You are operating out of the United States to facilitate a transfer of funds from a US-based bank to an offshore internet gambling site.

"President Bush signed the Unlawful Internet Gambling Act into law today. The measure, which was attached to a ports security bill, bans American banks and credit card companies from completing transactions with Internet gambling companies."

So to clarify, if PokerStrategy.com is operating out of the United States to help ANYONE get money from a bank to a gambling site, you are violating the law. BUT, if you are NOT operating out of the United States, you are not violating any laws when helping a US player get starting capital on a poker site.

I expect full deposits as promised on this site so there will not be a case of fraud raised.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      There's an indication that US players aren't allowed right in the registration field. Under Language*. Open your eyes next time, it's a big picture with the American flag (which I'm sure you would recognise) and a red cross through it, indicating that American's aren't allowed.

I'm sure you are skipping many details when you explained what the UIGEA is all about.

and you state that you expect a full deposit issued so there is no case of fraud or something? Please, Open your eyes and view the American flag with the red cross through it. It clearly shows how American's are not allowed to register for the starting capital.

If you feel the need to get your team of lawyers involved I'm sure there's nothing stopping you, but Pokerstrategies team decided American's would not be allowed; It's in their terms and agreements, which you would've agreed to.

So please, leave PS alone.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mtpoker25
      Not only was there no indication that US players would not be accepted anywhere during sign-up or during the quiz and various other steps, but this provision you speak of does not apply, unless:

You are operating out of the United States to facilitate a transfer of funds from a US-based bank to an offshore internet gambling site.

"President Bush signed the Unlawful Internet Gambling Act into law today. The measure, which was attached to a ports security bill, bans American banks and credit card companies from completing transactions with Internet gambling companies."

So to clarify, if PokerStrategy.com is operating out of the United States to help ANYONE get money from a bank to a gambling site, you are violating the law. BUT, if you are NOT operating out of the United States, you are not violating any laws when helping a US player get starting capital on a poker site.

I expect full deposits as promised on this site so there will not be a case of fraud raised.
      Hello mtpoker25,

Actually when you accepted the terms and conditions you confirmed that you are not currently residing in the USA (also indicated by the crossed out US flag).

As stated by p0kerQT we don't believe the UIEGA applies to us, but are still, as a legal precaution not accepting US members. We will therefore not be able to transfer you any starting capital.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards
      SoyCD