A few questions relating to the guides

• p0rkus
      p0rkus
      Bronze
      1) What does it mean that a player is behind/infornt of you? (clockwise/anticlockwise) - I couldn't figure it out....

2) How does the whole ''player drops out'' thing work. I know first UTG drops out, then UTG + 1 then what? is it middle1 or is it UTG+2..

ALSO does the above ''drops out'' mean folding/ or just player not being present on the table?

the second question is very confusing to me, if someone could offer a detailed explanation
  • 14 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello p0rkus,

1) If a player is in front of you then they are sitting to your right on the table and if someone is behind you they are sitting to your left.

2) It will depend on if its a 9 or 10 seat table. If its a 9 seat then you have UTG, UTG+1 and on a 10 seat you have UTG, UTG+1, UTG+2. A player dropping out out means they leave the table. So on a 9 seat table if 3 people leave the table then you lose the UTG, UTG+1 and MP1 positions.

Kind Regards
      -Steve
    • PokerMB
      PokerMB
      Bronze
      i suggest you read again the guide more carefully, you ll have it clearly very easily.
      the round goes clockwise , and the player behind you is the player next to your left , infront of you is to your right.

If the UTG drops out , then in the next hand , the UTG+1 (in current hand) would be the UTG, and so on.... ( i understand you "drops out" as that player has been eliminated from the table)
    • p0rkus
      p0rkus
      Bronze
      THANKS
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBu11d0g
      Hello p0rkus,

1) If a player is in front of you then they are sitting to your right on the table and if someone is behind you they are sitting to your left.

2) It will depend on if its a 9 or 10 seat table. If its a 9 seat then you have UTG, UTG+1 and on a 10 seat you have UTG, UTG+1, UTG+2. A player dropping out out means they leave the table. So on a 9 seat table if 3 people leave the table then you lose the UTG, UTG+1 and MP1 positions.

Kind Regards
      -Steve
      Hm. If I understand the theory right you first lose the early positions. So on a 9 seat table you would have UTG+1 and UTG+2 and on a 7 handed table the table would start with MP1, losing UTG, UTG+1 and UTG+2. Or did I miss something?
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello Berkstajger,

Yes you are correct that when a person starts leaving the table you lose the EP1 position and move around accordingly for each player that leaves.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • dulitul
      dulitul
      Bronze
      i have a question , in the bronze articles are listed the positions [utg1 , 2 and so on] but these positions have a different value , when the big blind and small blind is in the utg1 position or the mp2 and i mean , should we always follow the charts closely and doesn't matter in which position is the small and big blind ?
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello dulitul,

It doesn't matter which seat the SB/BB are occupying as EP1 will always be the next seat after the BB, they just rotate around around the table.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      BB and SB are considered as positions in charts and positions are always established according to the dealer (BU). First position left of the dealer is SB, second BB, then UTG, UTG+1 and so on...
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello Berkstajger,

On a full table of 9 players you are correct, however if two players have left the table then the first position after the BB will be MP1.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Of course. I got the impression that info that dulitol was missing is how to determine which position is which and that is always established by the dealer button. Or to be more precise - clockwise there are SB and BB and counter clockwise BU (player on the dealer button), CO, MP3, MP2... and so on until you get to BB. :)
    • dulitul
      dulitul
      Bronze
      this means , that i have to count every time the right positions like in the chart according to the dealer , big blind and the small blind ??
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Exactly.
    • dulitul
      dulitul
      Bronze
      but its not that easy , your time isn't enough to count the positions , to check the right cards in the chart and so on...you need to do many excersises...
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Comes with practice. ;)