Stack
      MP1:
      $20.00
      Hero:
      $20.00
      CO:
      $23.99

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:spade: , T:spade: . MP1 posts a blind of $0.20.
      2 folds, MP1 checks, Hero raises to $1.00, MP3 folds, CO raises to $2.00, 4 folds, Hero calls $1.00.

Flop: ($4.50) 2:club: , T:club: , 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, CO raises to $12.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $19.50
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Nice hand, well played. I am also taking the odds preflop and calling there and hoping to hit big.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      I would not donkbet this flop, you will get raised- which results in a fold. You will get folded- he won't do that to often, you will get called, which gives you the most ugly spot and you have to deal with very hard decisions on turn and river.
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      can i ask exactly why leading the flop is the correct play? is there a possibility to c/r to generate some fold equity ?
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      Naah, you will not have FE vs better hands, c/c seems fine.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by silent21
      can i ask exactly why leading the flop is the correct play? is there a possibility to c/r to generate some fold equity ?
      Leading the flop is because we have to protect from some kind of overcard type of hands, he could easily have some overcards with what he could Check behind on flop and hit on turn and what would make our situation very marginal. Also we have to find out if our hand is strong enough. Nah, Check/Raising doesn't make sense, he wont Call you with worse hands, only will push with better ones.
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Leading the flop is because we have to protect from some kind of overcard type of hands, he could easily have some overcards with what he could Check behind on flop and hit on turn and what would make our situation very marginal. Also we have to find out if our hand is strong enough. Nah, Check/Raising doesn't make sense, he wont Call you with worse hands, only will push with better ones.
      The donkbet could be raised by any kind of crap, overcards and monsters. This board is good for a c-bet, so i expect villain to c-bet here pretty often, and raise a donkbet pretty often.

I think donkbet turn after c/c flop is better, since it increases your FE and you know where you at, I dont see OC's shoving over your turndonk.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by timkroes
      Originally posted by veriz
      The donkbet could be raised by any kind of crap, overcards and monsters. This board is good for a c-bet, so i expect villain to c-bet here pretty often, and raise a donkbet pretty often.

I think donkbet turn after c/c flop is better, since it increases your FE and you know where you at, I dont see OC's shoving over your turndonk.
      Donking the turn doesn't make sense, you would be pot commited against any hand and do you really want to go broke with such hand? I don't think so.