Women vs Poker

• p0kerdragon1
      p0kerdragon1
      Bronze
      At this point I am really confused about my feelings... :(
      My girlfriend keeps me away from poker.
      She needs attention... but who doesn't... poker needs attention too
      I've lied to her when I pick her up one hour late because I am at the latest stages of a tournament.
      Or maybe a Friday night when I prefer the exciting feeling of going All-in on preflop with AKs against an opponent with QQ (Oh God! It just feel so good!!.. and it feels better if you catch a pair :tongue: )
      instead of going out with her and her boring friends.

My friend at work is limited to play a few hours on weekends by his wife, "dont even think about playing tonight", she said. I feel sorry for him.

So I think things just get worse if I live with her.

Every day I have a free time I fight a battle in my head about the kind of "action" I want

So guys, don' you have the same problem

(oops... wrong forum, can you change it to the general discussion ;) tnx)
  • 47 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Start wearing the pants FFS.
    • shivas80
      shivas80
      Bronze
      What i suggest is:

After good sex (becoz u can get no more) tell her: If you don't respect my hobby, you don't respect me, so go fuck out of the bed.

No, really...

As for myself... we made agreement i can play till late on workdays, but need to show atention on weekends... its simple... and she even lets me go to live tourneys 1-2 times a week.
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      you're doomed

there is no right answer to your dilemma

learn to live with the conflict like the rest of us do

welcome to the brotherhood!!!
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Who needs girlfriends? Money is what we all live for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Katavich
      Katavich
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      Who needs girlfriends? Money is what we all live for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      its easy to you to say that because you earn 20k$+/month. You can order girlfriend whenever you want.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      i assume you're playing microstakes? if you are, then this question seems very strange to me...
    • rex99
      rex99
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Katavich
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      its easy to you to say that because you earn 20k$+/month. You can order girlfriend whenever you want.
      oauehaeaouehoauehouh

lol!

but that's true... he can xD
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

In short:

girlfriend > poker.

It's that simple. If you love her, don't play tourneys when you're supposed to pick her up and go out with her on fridays/weekends. And don't lie to her. Seriously, what are you gonna do if you lose her, then get bored of poker/realise you're no good at it/gamble/go broke? You're going to and up with nothing. And I hope you aren't with her just because of sex. If you are, just leave her, she'll be better off without you ;) .

as for the guys from previous posts: you've never even had a serious girlfriend, have you? a relationship is not based on sex, or at least it shouldn't be. girlfriends help you when you need help and entertain you. they care for you. they do have feelings. so don't be stupid and choose micro stakes poker over your girlfriend (if you're playing high stakes, you should earn enough playing just a little a day). You have to know your priorities. If you just can't stop playing poker/reduce ammount, go to a centre that helps you get rid of addiction. Just don't mess your life up and do something you'll regret. Stop lieing to her. Tell her the truth and organize your schedule to be able to fit both poker and girlfriend in it. Everything is possible if you have the will for it.

Good luck, I hope everything works out well for you.

P.S. If you need anymore help feel free to add me on skype: b-boy-fire and i'll help ya.

Regards,

Primzi
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      as for the guys from previous posts: you've never even had a serious girlfriend, have you? a relationship is not based on sex, or at least it shouldn't be. girlfriends help you when you need help and entertain you. they care for you.
      True, very true. Girlfriends ARE the best.

WIVES on the other hand...different story
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hello!

In short:

girlfriend > poker.

It's that simple. If you love her, don't play tourneys when you're supposed to pick her up and go out with her on fridays/weekends. And don't lie to her. Seriously, what are you gonna do if you lose her, then get bored of poker/realise you're no good at it/gamble/go broke? You're going to and up with nothing. And I hope you aren't with her just because of sex. If you are, just leave her, she'll be better off without you ;) .

as for the guys from previous posts: you've never even had a serious girlfriend, have you? a relationship is not based on sex, or at least it shouldn't be. girlfriends help you when you need help and entertain you. they care for you. they do have feelings. so don't be stupid and choose micro stakes poker over your girlfriend (if you're playing high stakes, you should earn enough playing just a little a day). You have to know your priorities. If you just can't stop playing poker/reduce ammount, go to a centre that helps you get rid of addiction. Just don't mess your life up and do something you'll regret. Stop lieing to her. Tell her the truth and organize your schedule to be able to fit both poker and girlfriend in it. Everything is possible if you have the will for it.

P.S. If you need anymore help feel free to add me on skype: b-boy-fire and i'll help ya.

Regards,

Primzi
      Are you a woman? you sound like.

Grow some balls, whats with these guys letting their women run their lives. GROW SOME FUCKING BALLS FELLA'S!!!
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      Hello!

In short:

girlfriend > poker.

Regards,

Primzi

Grow some balls, whats with these guys letting their women run their lives. GROW SOME FUCKING BALLS FELLA'S!!!
      get a life ;) .
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      You just sound like your whole world revolves around your bitch, and your fascinated with her. It's stupid. I bet she says "jump", and you say "how high?". It's easy to juggle women, jobs, gym, other hobbies, friends, poker, etc... You just have to grow balls, and run your own life.

/end of

Pretty sad and pointless thread imo
    • DevilChess
      DevilChess
      Global

LOL.. but they got a secret weapon... TEARS... I can't stand tears. And there's also the nagging factor... nobody can play good poker while hearing a constant nag of his wife, ITS A MEDICAL FACT. LoL.

So I do squeeze every minute of poker I can... but not every time, but maybe its me, cuz I could play poker 6-10 hrs a day... EVERY DAY.
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Do what I did. Played until they complained. So then I bought a laptop and a wireless router for HER house. Now I play all the time and she cant say anything because I'm with her.

Oh and winning a big tournament when shes complaining you are playing too long and then showing her how much you won. Now instead of complaining and making fun of me with her friends, she backs my hobby and tells her friends and family proudly that I win money.

So basically

1) Take Back your manhood

2) If they are going to complain, find a way around it

3) Win something and show them.

If this doesn't work, the last thing you can try is buying her something with your winnings. If this doesn't work dump her. She treats you as a lap dog and you shouldn't feel any different. Man or Mouse?
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      You just sound like your whole world revolves around your bitch, and your fascinated with her. It's stupid. I bet she says "jump", and you say "how high?". It's easy to juggle women, jobs, gym, other hobbies, friends, poker, etc... You just have to grow balls, and run your own life.

/end of

Pretty sad and pointless thread imo
      I have never said I currently have a girlfriend, nor that I wish to have one at the moment. And I never said that girlfriends should tell you what to do. I said you have to find your own priorities, but do not lie and neglect her if you DO have one. If you love her, you should be with her and your friends on a friday evening and not home alone playing poker. That's just asocial. I do have balls. I do have my own life. I run it exactly as I want to. But when you are in a relationship, you have to adapt to it, put some things on the side etc. I've never said one should stop playing poker if he gets a girlfriend who dislikes poker, I only said one shouldn't lie about it or play poker and then be late to pick her up. If you make an agreement about something, you should stick to it. And women are human beings as well. We're not in the middle ages anymore when all women were allowed to do is be housewives, they are as smart and as good people as men. So they should be treated equally to men. If one is in a relationship, he has to put some effort in maintaining it. Both of the partners have to. If you've had bad experience with women, that's not my fault. It is most likely your perception of how a successful relationship should look like. Relationship is full of compromises. If one has a relationship, other hobbies will of course suffer a bit. But if you aren't willing to put some stuff aside when you're in a relationship, you shouldn't be in one. And your arrogant behaviour here just shows how bad of a boyfriend you'd be to a woman. It's sad, but I can't help you change your way of thinking. If you don't like relationship, just don't be in one. Of course that means no nice things and no sex, but who needs sex and women, right?
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Lol brick walls 0_0 :D

Nice one verre, atleast theres 2 people in this thread with balls.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by p0kerdragon1
      Or maybe a Friday night when I prefer the exciting feeling of going All-in on preflop with AKs against an opponent with QQ (Oh God! It just feel so good!!.. and it feels better if you catch a pair :tongue: )
      instead of going out with her and her boring friends.
      WOW, I'm astounded you find that more exciting than going out and having fun...... Going Out is a good way to have an epic time and/or Relax and Chill (and get drunk) Something thats a lot harder to do in Poker because you obviously have to concentrate so hard :D

Hmm, maybe thats why i got hardly any Poker in this winter :D

Oh, Primzi, You may have some Valid Points but you do sound a bit like a Girl Sorry :/.

Yes there are some things you have to compromise on in Relationships but there are some things you just can't compromise on. Trying to Split Holiday/Hobby time 50/50 is a recipe for disaster.

Sounds like Poker is quite important to this guy and If he doesn't get to play enough it'll just cause unjust resentment towards his GF and obviously a Breakup probably over something unconnected.

In Summary; You can't just live for your GF/Puppet Master, you also have to live for yourself.
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      I definately agree with Primzi, but there is one major flaw in the arguement. Men are still human beings as well, and OP doesn't seem to be treated like one at the moment. Any good relationship has give and take, I stopped playing at home and started playing at my gfs house. Give and take.

The problem with her just saying he cant play and that he has to do what she wants is not a proper relationship. The reason there has been so many pro man posts telling this guy to grow a sack is because he seems to have a leash on with this girl. I'm not saying a man should make all the decisions, but I am saying his girlfriend shouldn't run his life either.

As for AK vs QQ all in. Whats exciting about getting your money in behind? Thats a huge indicator of a gambling addiction and not of a good poker player. You mise well go play blackjack at that point.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Verre
      I definately agree with Primzi, but there is one major flaw in the arguement. Men are still human beings as well, and OP doesn't seem to be treated like one at the moment. Any good relationship has give and take, I stopped playing at home and started playing at my gfs house. Give and take.

The problem with her just saying he cant play and that he has to do what she wants is not a proper relationship. The reason there has been so many pro man posts telling this guy to grow a sack is because he seems to have a leash on with this girl. I'm not saying a man should make all the decisions, but I am saying his girlfriend shouldn't run his life either.

As for AK vs QQ all in. Whats exciting about getting your money in behind? Thats a huge indicator of a gambling addiction and not of a good poker player. You mise well go play blackjack at that point.
      Yes, I agree :) . Of course women shouldn't run our life, and we shouldn't run their either. But there is always a way around problems, as you stated in your case. I think it is a great idea, and by winning money girlfriend will get fascinated, and will get to enjoy some dinners with you... :) . So it's a win-win situation.