$50.00
      BB:
      $45.70
      UTG1:
      $40.40
      UTG2:
      $57.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, A.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.50, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $2.5, 3 folds, BB calls $2.00, MP1 folds.

Flop: ($5.75) T, 6, A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $4.00, BB calls $4.00.

Turn: ($13.75) A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $9.00, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $13.75.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, aces (Q A)
      Hero wins with three of a kind, aces (Q A).

did i bet too much? i wanted to protect it from any flushes...

busy board lately, keep up the good work!
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Nice hand, well played. Your bet sizes are fine. But I don't mind Checking on turn and hoping to get some value on river.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      I like checking turn- calling/betting river.
      I think you lose some value by betting turn, I think he could easily try to steal the pot with busted FD on river/ he could have a 6/T which he would call more often after checking turn- betting river.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      so you mean i should give him the chance to catch up even if that means that sometimes he will be sucking out because of my slowplay? how can i protect my stack from being rivered if i slowplay it? should i impose a limit on the bet i call or do i generally call any bet on a dry board and let the chips fall where they may?

thanks!
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      I would not slowplay this. I would kick myself in the nuts if another :diamond: comes and he bets close to pot, plus I want the pot as big as possible with such a strong hand.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by excelgeo
      so you mean i should give him the chance to catch up even if that means that sometimes he will be sucking out because of my slowplay? how can i protect my stack from being rivered if i slowplay it? should i impose a limit on the bet i call or do i generally call any bet on a dry board and let the chips fall where they may?

thanks!
      Nope, as I said your play is very good line to pick, I would rather prefer to take it also than just Check behind. For checking behind on turn you will need more reads on him like if you can induce to bluff him or not (for example you know that he is very often floating you even OOP) or how often do you think he will fold if you bet on turn again.