This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Steal raise vs BB (A2s) Platinum +

• zivkoleo
      zivkoleo
      Bronze
      Heads-up on Flop OOP: C/C Flop without initiative - With showdown value

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/fixed-limit/1049/2/

In the example the BB defends by just calling and not 3-betting. I usually 3-bet this.
      So what are the pros and cons in calling or 3-betting. What would be better? Calling or 3-betting? How does this affect our postflop game (for better or for worse).

Let's hear some expert opinion. :s_cool:
  • 3 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi zivkoleo,

I'm a fan of passive defense as it makes it harder for your opponent to put you on a hand. The con is that if you raise you have a stronger range.

3-bet advantages:
      - initiative
      - cheap showdown/freecard possible (check behind)
      - getting the money in preflop with an equity edge
      - chance of making a better hand to fold

cons:
      - expensive as you bet and flop and most turns even if you don't hit well
      - low chance of inducing a bluff

call avantages:
      - you decide on the flop whether you want to go on or not (saves quite som money)
      - your opponent will keep betting even if he doesn't improve
      - bluff induce
      - low chance of getting bluffed off the best hand

cons:
      - you might fold too much on the flop if you can't judge the flop correctly
      - no fold equity
      - less implied odds if you have a good hand (you earn less if you have a strong hand)

I don't know if this is 100% and I'm sure thereis room for more pros and cons but that are all that can remember right now.
    • zivkoleo
      zivkoleo
      Bronze
      Well next time I'll see his Went to Showdown and decide: low WTSD 3-bet; high WTSD -call :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Good idea. :D

But if it's very high then 3-bet again as you can valuebet with A-high. :P