SB: $1048.23
      BB: $693.90
      UTG: $687.84
      Hero (UTG+1): $74.00
      MP1: $81.70

CO posts a big blind ($4.00)

Pre Flop: ($10.00) Hero is UTG+1 with K :diamond: A :club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $16, 5 folds, BB calls $12

Flop: ($38.00) 7 :club: Q :heart: 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $25.00, BB calls $25

Turn: ($88.00) 4 :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($88.00) Q :club: (2 players)
      BB bets $20.00, Hero calls $20

Villain having 57% vpip somehow got me into thinking He was retarded and i could make a call with A high on river..... In fact it's normally ME being the Retarded one for thinking I can get away with calling here right?

Other Issues; Bet Sizing, 2nd Barrel posibility. He's never folding 2nd Pair to a 2nd Barrel is he?

It seems Fairly Stupid to me that on the Higher limits I seem more likely to think things through way too much, get bad ideas into my head and make terrible calls..... I don't know how to stop myself from doing it either. This hand I had my mouse over the fold button and then pulled myself back at the last minute thinking to myself "Don't be stupid, this guys Clearly retarded and you have 4.4 to 1 odds, CALL!".

Playing on the Higher Limits I seem to keep thinking to myself at every Situation "Is there a different line I should take" To try and improve my play, but doing that keeps making my play WORSE not better :/ Does anyone have this problem of trying too hard to find more unusual lines....?
  • 2 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey DaPhunk,

this guy looks to me like the kind of player who is calling down everything to river and when cards are dealt betting if he has something. :)

I would just fold river, he looks passive and I don't think he's really capable of bluffing. Although 44 hands say nothing about aggression, so it's pretty hard to decide.

It's always good to look for best lines against different opponents, it's the best way to improve your game. Also sometimes it's good to make a hero call so you see why you shouldn't do it next time. Learning the hard way is most effective imo. ;)

...I don't experiment much more with SSS, but during the learning postflop process with BSS I went 10 stacks down, so yeah other people look for different lines as well, nothing wrong with it imo unless you're making strange tilted moves for no particular reason.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey Mark (Right :D ?)

I raise smaller preflop, like 3bb or 3.5bb

Then you have more room postflop and beyond.

I see he only folded 6 out of 12 times against a c-bet + he plays 50/2 so check back on the Flop is also okay to see if he checks againt to make a delayed c-bet.

He is rather passive so if he bets on the Turn, I would seriously not go into ''level-3 thinking'' mode since he is like Level 1 in thinking process or level 0

Another advantage of delaying it is that you can check behind on the River without calling either a bluff or a vBet from opponents.

As played, I would fold and make a note. You don't have the proof (=statistics) he is bluffing. In fact I think he is vBetting this even with 2nd pair.

That said, no way he folds 2nd pair on a 2nd barrel when he gets 11:3 like.

come online on Skype more often ^^
      - Gerv