This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 - AA against possible set.

• Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Silver
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $24.73
      Hero:
      $25.15

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , A:spade:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, 3 folds, MP1 calls $1.00.

Flop: ($2.85) 5:diamond: , Q:heart: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $2.00, MP1 calls $2.00.

Turn: ($6.85) J:club: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $3.00, MP1 raises to $21.48 (All-In), Hero calls $18.48.

Final Pot: $49.81

- What do we think of the call here? I was pretty worried of a set.
  • 4 replies
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      i would b/f turn. i dont see a hand which will shove here and i will be ahead. this is if we consider villain a decent player.

guess he had set or jq
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      QJ looks like a very likely hand but so is a flush draw or even KQ, trying to get a straight. it would depend a lot on how this player has been playing up to now and what is your style. are you prepared to look for a better spot?

generally vs 1 player i would call it too as it is +ev with AA vs 1 villain. but someone could correct me on that? maybe i will learn something here too!
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      I played a similar hand against a player with similar stats. I folded only to find out later he was a donk. But I would still fold without specific reads that he is able to make this play with FD or TP.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Villain is unknown, so I think I would just Bet/Fold on turn, I don't see myself behind ahead there very often to make the Call profitable.

Best regards,
      Rensu