Is there a program that will show my overall EV vs Actual winnings?

• ShinShya
      ShinShya
      Bronze
      Hello,

I'm looking for a program that will give me a graph with a couple lines. One line showing how much I should had made and another line showing my actual winnings. I know of a program called PokerEV that does something similar to this, but I'm not sure if the thing is correct or not. I just ran a session, I got in good 5x, won all 5x and it says I'm running 2 BIs lucky, which isn't true =/

ty!

Shinshya
  • 8 replies
    • Rauchg
      Rauchg
      Bronze
      PokerTracker ?
    • ShinShya
      ShinShya
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Rauchg
      PokerTracker ?
      I'm pretty sure poker tracker 3 gives graphs, not the specific graph I'm asking about though. I use PT2 =)
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      afaik pokerEV is the best program for this
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      Originally posted by ShinShya
      Hello,

I'm looking for a program that will give me a graph with a couple lines. One line showing how much I should had made and another line showing my actual winnings. I know of a program called PokerEV that does something similar to this, but I'm not sure if the thing is correct or not. I just ran a session, I got in good 5x, won all 5x and it says I'm running 2 BIs lucky, which isn't true =/

ty!

Shinshya
      You don't understand EV.

If you got it in each of those 5 times as 100% then the program is wrong, but obviously you didn't let's say for arguments sake you were 75% fav all 5 times therefore in the long run you only expect to win .75x5=3.75 buy ins but since you won all 5 times you are running 1.25 buyins over expectation.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello ShinShya,

Holdem Manager displays graphs with your all-in EV as well as your winnings.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • ShinShya
      ShinShya
      Bronze
      Originally posted by csnmf
      Hello,

ty!

Shinshya
      You don't understand EV.

If you got it in each of those 5 times as 100% then the program is wrong, but obviously you didn't let's say for arguments sake you were 75% fav all 5 times therefore in the long run you only expect to win .75x5=3.75 buy ins but since you won all 5 times you are running 1.25 buyins over expectation.
      Oh, right. I see what you are saying... Let me give an example to make sure I do know. Example:

I get it all in PF with 80% equity 3 times, .80x3=2.4 but since I actually won the full 3 BIs I'm .6 over expectation?
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Yes that is right.
      Please keep in mind that those programs consider your EV equity only in the moment when the money is all-in. You could have been commited,or opponent could have hit a set vs your AA in a 5bet pot, or you shoved with a draw for FE and so on - the software doesnt count all this and is therefore not reliable on "how lucky" you are.
    • Stretch00
      Stretch00
      Basic
      Hello,

ty!

Shinshya
      if your going to PAY or down load anything it should be Holdem Manager no question!!!