This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Is there a program that will show my overall EV vs Actual winnings?

• ShinShya
      ShinShya
      Bronze
      Hello,

I'm looking for a program that will give me a graph with a couple lines. One line showing how much I should had made and another line showing my actual winnings. I know of a program called PokerEV that does something similar to this, but I'm not sure if the thing is correct or not. I just ran a session, I got in good 5x, won all 5x and it says I'm running 2 BIs lucky, which isn't true =/

ty!

Shinshya
  • 8 replies
    • Rauchg
      Rauchg
      Bronze
      PokerTracker ?
    • ShinShya
      ShinShya
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Rauchg
      PokerTracker ?
      I'm pretty sure poker tracker 3 gives graphs, not the specific graph I'm asking about though. I use PT2 =)
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      afaik pokerEV is the best program for this
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      Originally posted by ShinShya
      Hello,

I'm looking for a program that will give me a graph with a couple lines. One line showing how much I should had made and another line showing my actual winnings. I know of a program called PokerEV that does something similar to this, but I'm not sure if the thing is correct or not. I just ran a session, I got in good 5x, won all 5x and it says I'm running 2 BIs lucky, which isn't true =/

ty!

Shinshya
      You don't understand EV.

If you got it in each of those 5 times as 100% then the program is wrong, but obviously you didn't let's say for arguments sake you were 75% fav all 5 times therefore in the long run you only expect to win .75x5=3.75 buy ins but since you won all 5 times you are running 1.25 buyins over expectation.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello ShinShya,

Holdem Manager displays graphs with your all-in EV as well as your winnings.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • ShinShya
      ShinShya
      Bronze
      Originally posted by csnmf
      Hello,

ty!

Shinshya
      You don't understand EV.

If you got it in each of those 5 times as 100% then the program is wrong, but obviously you didn't let's say for arguments sake you were 75% fav all 5 times therefore in the long run you only expect to win .75x5=3.75 buy ins but since you won all 5 times you are running 1.25 buyins over expectation.
      Oh, right. I see what you are saying... Let me give an example to make sure I do know. Example:

I get it all in PF with 80% equity 3 times, .80x3=2.4 but since I actually won the full 3 BIs I'm .6 over expectation?
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Yes that is right.
      Please keep in mind that those programs consider your EV equity only in the moment when the money is all-in. You could have been commited,or opponent could have hit a set vs your AA in a 5bet pot, or you shoved with a draw for FE and so on - the software doesnt count all this and is therefore not reliable on "how lucky" you are.
    • Stretch00
      Stretch00
      Basic
      Hello,

ty!

Shinshya
      if your going to PAY or down load anything it should be Holdem Manager no question!!!