Double the BR in 2 days :D

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      OK ok, it sounds better then it seems, but i'm really pleased with myself.

I got a free bankroll of $50 on absolute poker and i have worked it to $100 within the space of 2 days, is that good? im playing NL 0.05/0.10
      I wish i had the experience i do now when i recieved the free PS $50!

but hey :D
  • 44 replies
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      Well, 2 things. 1 You can't possibly be using any form of BRM if you doubled your capital in 2 days. 2 you didn't get any capital here for Absolute so why you posting it here?
    • kenthmp
      kenthmp
      Bronze
      Hello,
      I'm interested in more details. Oh and graphs or it didn't happen :D
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kenthmp
      Hello,
      I'm interested in more details. Oh and graphs or it didn't happen :D
      Obv he can't post on here where he got the money. But there's something called Google. You could try that.

And yea. Graphs or...
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      Playing NL10 BSS it is very credible to make $50 in two days. Especially on an upswing.

NL10 BSS with $50 is fairly bad bankroll management but if you make low variance moves (not recommended because you miss +EV spots) you could get away with it.

I don't think its too spectacular. If you said that you made 500BB in two days playing NL10 it sounds fairly reasonable.
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Silver
      i just did the same on NL25... also without BRM i played NL25 (sometimes with just 2 BI) and two days ago i jumped over $300 (12 BI is so much better :-) )
      yesterday i found a big fish who tried to bluff me 3 or 4 times, it was kind of hard to ship it with very marginal hands but he almost always had nothing and the session ended with 8 BI up... and jeah today i made another 4 BI so now for the first time since i played NL25 i have proper BRM :-)

and from now on i will stick to it... i just ignored it because the absolute value was not extremely high... now the absolute value (in dollars) becomes more significant to me :-) ... i hope the run continues :-)
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Thanks for resposes, and i don't have graphs because poker elephant doesn't support AP. But i don't mind if you don't believe :)

And it feals like more then an upswing, i was just playing my A-Game vs some fish an some know it alls. But i'm happy! :D

And it wasn't a 2 day solid thing, just about 4 hours at night so about 8 hours :D
    • kenthmp
      kenthmp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thebigheizung85
      i just did the same on NL25... also without BRM i played NL25 (sometimes with just 2 BI) and two days ago i jumped over $300 (12 BI is so much better :-) )
      yesterday i found a big fish who tried to bluff me 3 or 4 times, it was kind of hard to ship it with very marginal hands but he almost always had nothing and the session ended with 8 BI up... and jeah today i made another 4 BI so now for the first time since i played NL25 i have proper BRM :-)

and from now on i will stick to it... i just ignored it because the absolute value was not extremely high... now the absolute value (in dollars) becomes more significant to me :-) ... i hope the run continues :-)
      LoL. Makes me wanna try it. :D
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      When are you planning to go broke :P ? Speaking of A-game, NL25, no stats and bronze members... I'll give you 2-7 days :) .
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      When are you planning to go broke :P ? Speaking of A-game, NL25, no stats and bronze members... I'll give you 2-7 days :) .
      The guy thats NL25 is gold...

if hes playing NL10 SSS then thats fine, could be a huge up... and you don't need stats for SSS on NL10 so quite possible... if thats the case keep up the good work :)

If you're playing NL 10 BSS then like everyone else said BRM
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Silver
      BRM is important to avoid to go broke, so you (dramatically) increase this risk if you don't use it... i was and am aware that at the moment where i had my 2 BI, i could have gone all-in preflop, get a huge suckout by someone holding 2 7 and then i am done...

it didn't happen, that is kinda luck :-)

and i don't trust my 'A-game' so far... i had upswings before and seems kind of easy to go up, but if you get greedy and you are not patient enough the way down is even faster :-)

i hope i changed my game (feels like it^^) but i can tell you in 2 or 3 months whether the way just went up (in the long term) ;-)

it is easy to say: i played my a-game when it goes up and blame it on the downswing if it is not running so well...
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Silver

this was my last week, quite a high volume for me and so far it looks good... but anything can happen.... at least now i am more safe, but since i don't plan to go down in a limit it is still not a real BRM^^ playing NL50 with $2k would be the start of my real BRM then^^ i hope to get there anytime in the 'near' future

edit: the graph looks much better now in this format than on a 16:9 screen^^, much steeper now :-)
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      so what would you guys say a BR of 100$ is safe to play? im playing 0.05/0.10 still, and on 110$ now. But i'm scared if you guys are all saying that is extreamly bad BRM
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      I currently have 125$, but still playing 0.02/0.04 NL FR BSS and will continue to do so until i reach the 250$. Then i'll move to 0.05/0.10. I'd advise you to do the same [and so would pokerstrategy.com]

Regards
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      but Absolute poker has 0.01/0.02 then 0.05/0.10 - no 0.02/0.04 !
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      play SSS :) .
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      I've got 450$ and still NL10 :) until I hit 800 $ won't move to NL 20 :f_love:
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      ok new plan. I'm going to play SSS NL10 till BR is 150$.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DecMate
      ok new plan. I'm going to play SSS NL10 till BR is 150$.
      Sounds like a good idea. It's very risky to play with only 5-10 stacks which you did before, if you were playing BSS?

Good luck,
      Kimber88
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Yeah i was playing BSS, i was vs very fishy people then, i tried again with BSS and haven't been as successful but only lost a few $.

I've just been playing SSS, buying in for $4 and worked it up to $12 then left :D