PT3 Filtering Players Question

• roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      Hi all,

I'd like to know if there is a way to show players over "certain number" hands in Poker Tracker 3. I mean, it will show if "player1" has, say 40 hands and went to showdown with them. If "player1" has, say 3 hands and went to showdown with them, it is not important for me... I think this is very important when analyzing the villain.
  • 6 replies
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      I guess nobody knows... I think it is not important to have 1M hands with players who are still unknown (2, 3, 10 hands went to showdown). It is important to have 1M hands where players saw showdown. What do you think ?
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      What filter are you exactly looking for? You want the HUD only to display stats from hands the player went to showdown with?
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      No, not in the HUD. In the main screen, there are tons of players in the list who have only a few went to showdown hands. They have no value to me at the moment so they should be filtered until they have certain amount of went to showdown hands.

What I mean is,

Player1 has 20 hands sample which he went to showdown with them in 1000K hands -> So his hand histories are worthless and cannot show me some pattern.

Player2 has 500 hands sample which he went to showdown with them in 1000K hands -> So his hand histories can show some pattern after replaying them.

When you have 50k players in your list and have only a few revealed hands from most of them you cannot analyze them correctly. This is what I mean. I rather study my opponent and play against him than play against unknown.

I think there is no settings for filtering the player list in the PT3.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      What is your end goal exactly? PokerTracker tracks the entire hand so you can't easily filter out a single player who actually played in the hand.

The closest you could get would be to filter out all the hands where no one showed down any hands at all.

However you can write a report to give a list of every player and how many showdowns they went to. Then you would have a list of players that fit your criteria.

Still I think that you are trying to analyze something that isn't very easy to analyze. You would have to have hundreds of hands shown down from each position to even begin to extrapolate any data. Then once you analyzed it all you would probably find that between 1.6 - 2.0 SDs (95% - 99.5%) of his hands can be found out by putting his VP$IP in to PokerStove. :f_confused:

What do you think ?
      I think having stats like VP$IP, PFR, CBet, F2Cbet, W2SD, W$SD on as many players as possible is much much more important than worrying about what hands they ended up showing.
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      well I want to play against the fish... First watch the hand how it was played, you'll have an idea what type of mistakes your villain makes then use their mistakes. Play against the same guys not unknowns this should boost the win rate quickly.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roswellx
      well I want to play against the fish...
      The easiest way is to use TableTracker.

The slightly harder way is to got to Reports, Section = Holdem Cash Player Statistics, Report = Fish List Sample, Click Run Report.

If for some reason you don't have that report you can download it here:
      http://www.pokertracker.com/repository/download_file.php?s=report&id=23

Import it using the Import button on the Reports tab.