[NL2-NL10] KJ 3barrel bluff nl10

• Macias09
      Macias09
      Bronze
      villian is 34/29 cbet 70% about 65hands ats 30%
      I called preflop because I think I could dominate him if I hit K or J (according to his range)

is it a good spot to bluff?

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 128543
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BTN: $12.15
      SB: $10.10
      Hero (BB): $12.25
      UTG: $11.55
      CO: $12.80

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with K :heart: J :diamond:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.40, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.85) 6 :club: 7 :heart: 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, BTN calls $0.80

Turn: ($3.25) 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BTN calls $2

River: ($7.25) 9 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.80, BTN folds
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

I am more likely inclined to 3bet here, I don't like Calling because your hand can be very easily be dominated postflop. So either 3bet or just fold against such an opponent. Postflop your play is with big variance, you will need more stats and reads on him without them it's kinda bad play what I wouldn't recommend but against a known player you play is fine.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Been there, done that... :s_biggrin:
      As Veriz said, postflop your play has too much variance.
      When I started playing NL10, I played looser then I'm playing today.
      I used to bluff a lot and usually just lost money out of it. Those bluffs are really EV- in the long term.
      You need to stick to the basics in NL10. ABC poker is much more profitable here then loose and wild plays.
      Correct me if I'm wrong Veriz but we hardly see regular LAG's in NL10.
      TAG play is much more safer (and profitable) in this limit imp. Do you agree?
    • dixxiehaze
      dixxiehaze
      Bronze
      im new to posting on the hand sampling section,but imo all in all villan seems loose to call 2 barrels anyway on a draw heavy board like that and fold on the river ,but he could have easily had you dominated as your absence of agression pre flop,and him having position on you he coulda been setting a trapand you really cant represent that much ,you could represent a 6 by playing suited conectors but even then i would find it hard to put you on it because every1 knows playing conectors from the blinds is a sin of poker especialy to a raise in a 2 way pot ,but without the 9 on the river i think you woulda been in the doghouse as there is nothing you can really represent no flush draws,no high pair,busted straight draw,i woulda seen you a mediocar high cards but when the 9 spiked on the river you could easily represent a 10 with nething like 10j 10q 10k even 10 A ,but all in all at NL10 players are in majority clueless imo and recreational and will call prety much any bet with overs

hope this is ok

kyle
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by maya1984
      Been there, done that... :s_biggrin:
      As Veriz said, postflop your play has too much variance.
      When I started playing NL10, I played looser then I'm playing today.
      I used to bluff a lot and usually just lost money out of it. Those bluffs are really EV- in the long term.
      You need to stick to the basics in NL10. ABC poker is much more profitable here then loose and wild plays.
      Correct me if I'm wrong Veriz but we hardly see regular LAG's in NL10.
      TAG play is much more safer (and profitable) in this limit imp. Do you agree?
      Yes, LAG style is much harder to learn. I would recommend to play basic style lat lower limits and with time you will get postflop skills and you can add whatever you want to your style.