Hand of the Day - Part XI

• Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Preflop: Hero is UTG with T:spade: , 9:spade: .
      [color:#CC3333]Hero raises[/color], [color:#CC3333]Button 3-bets[/color], [color:#CC3333]SB caps[/color], [color:#666666]1 fold[/color], Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 8:spade: , 9:club: , 2:spade: [color:#0000FF](3 players)[/color]
      [color:#CC3333]SB bets[/color], [color:#CC3333]Hero raises[/color], Button calls, [color:#CC3333]SB 3-bets[/color], [color:#CC3333]Hero caps[/color], Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 8:heart: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: (13.50 BB) 2:heart: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]
      [color:#CC3333]SB bets[/color], Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
  • 3 replies
    • jpbothawyn777
      jpbothawyn777
      Bronze
      I think our hero is behind and with the flop action he created a free card for him. I propably would only called the 3 bet but i think i would have been wrong.

On the turn i think its correct to take the free card. ('n bet wouldn't let the villian put down his over pair and he might even c/R)

The river is interesting whell this is where i would like to hear the other comments, I'm sure whe r behind so i think he could fold, But now would u fold for only 1 bet if he checked the turn? In the end i would fold ( right or wrong?)

In retrospec, he could have been on a flush draw (AK) so maybe the call is right
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      EDIT: As you can see at the preflop action this is a 6max table with 4 players

preflop hero is raising from CO with T9s (according to the ORC) after that Button 3-bets and SB caps. Not a good preflop action for our hand. But we get pot odds of 1 to 5 with our nice suited connector (the danger of domination with a hand like t9s is not that big) so we can call here.

On the flop we have top pair but according to the preflop action we are often behind here. But anyway we have a flush draw plus top pair plus a backdoor straight draw.

Our outs:

every spade: 9 outs
      2pair or trips: (three Tens and two nines) 5 outs
      backdoor straight draw: 0.5 - 1 outs (because every Q,J,6,7 of spades is not an out here, because they are part of our 9 flush draw outs)

14.5 outs

That is a lot. And most of the time we will improve 50% of the time so we want to make the pot as big as possible. So we have to raise here. After the 3-bet we can assume that we are behind here most of the time. This will not be a freecard raise for the SB who is out of position. But of course we want to make the pot as big as possible on the flop but we also have the option to take a freecard on the turn. So a cap here is the best move.

And of course we take the freecard on the turn.

On the River SB bets, so most of the time we are behind here and SB has the better hand. But the pot is 14.5 bb big and of course we are playing poker and everything is possible we won't give up the hand here for just 1 bet. We only must catch the SB on a bluff bet here 1 out of 15 times. And 1 out of 15 times we will play against another AKs flushdraw here or our opponent is a maniac one out of 15 times bluff betting the river with a high. So a call is profitable on the river.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      pretty much standard play ;)

but nice report ^^