[NL2-NL10] Nl10 QQ vs KK

• rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($1.95)
      SB ($10.90)
      Hero (BB) ($10)
      UTG ($9.40)
      MP1 ($10.05)
      MP2 ($8.65)
      CO ($2.60)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q
      3 folds, CO (poster) checks, 1 fold, SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.40, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.10) 4, 3, 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.90, Hero raises to $2.20, SB raises to $5, Hero calls $2.80

Turn: ($11.10) 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $5.40 (All-In), Hero calls $4.50 (All-In)

River: ($20.10) A (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $20.10 | Rake: $0.95

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($14.25)
      MP ($1.85)
      Button ($3.50)
      Hero (SB) ($16.30)
      BB ($9.70)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q
      UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero bets $0.60, BB raises to $1.80, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.20

Flop: ($3.80) 4, J, 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: ($3.80) 10 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BB calls $1.50

River: ($6.80) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BB raises to $6.40 (All-In), Hero calls $4.40

Total pot: $19.60 | Rake: $0.95

Both these hands were QQ vs KK.... was there anything I could have done to have reduced my losses? 1st hand, most likely I should have reraised preflop but I think at the time, I thought he was trying to steal so I thought I'd play against him postflop in position. Should I have folded on his flop 4bet on such a flop?

2nd hand, bet flop? As played,fold to river shove?

Thanks!
  • 5 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      First hand:
      Raise it up preflop, you want to extract value from your hand.
      Even if you think he steals you don't want a hand like Ace-reg flop an ace here for cheap.
      Don't try to make fancy moves in NL10, just play it straight forward.

As played:
      Flop: 3bet like a 3bet should be, make it 3$. after he reraise me I'm just shoving it.

Second hand:
      I don't like your call here preflop, either 5bet/shove or fold to his 4bet OOP.
      As played our line should be bet/fold turn & river.
      River: You are only getting raised there by better hands (unless you are playing a total :f_confused: ) ,Fold to his shove.
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      in the 2nd, you should bet at the flop
      /just my 2cent
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      Imo both hands are not played enough aggressively... You're too passive man come on you've got Queens 3rd best preflop hand.

Always bet on flop. You'll know where are you with your hand

1st hand:

Calling on the flop 5$ is ok but calling on turn when your opponent is all in with such community cards is just not good. You say oh come on I have QQ how can he has me beaten. You probably thought he had 88, 99, TT... Note that, he perfectly played this hand by showing aggression.

2nd hand:

Bet the flop, at least half of the pot. Possible OESDs out there !!!!

Calling such all-in with QQ on the river is suicide !! There are complete draws there ! Flush draw, str8, even 2 pairs beat you. Learn to play Over Pairs post flop.. You are trapping yourself like this. You can easily tilt after losing these 2 BI..

Don't try to extract money by checking and then showing aggression. Be aggresive and try to get information from your opponent. If he fights back aggresively look at your hand and think what hands can beat you, this way you can easily fold.
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Thanks for the feedbacks guys.

Roswell, you're right... I do seem to always trap myself with dominated pp. I'll incorporate more aggression into my future hands. Thanks.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Originally posted by maya1984
      First hand:
      Raise it up preflop, you want to extract value from your hand.
      Even if you think he steals you don't want a hand like Ace-reg flop an ace here for cheap.
      Don't try to make fancy moves in NL10, just play it straight forward.

As played:
      Flop: 3bet like a 3bet should be, make it 3$. after he reraise me I'm just shoving it.

Second hand:
      I don't like your call here preflop, either 5bet/shove or fold to his 4bet OOP.
      As played our line should be bet/fold turn & river.
      River: You are only getting raised there by better hands (unless you are playing a total :f_confused: ) ,Fold to his shove.
      +1, exactly this.

Best regards,
      Rensu