$1,71
      Hero:
      $1,35
      MP1:
      $0,98
      CO:
      $6,21

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q:heart: , Q:club: . CO posts a blind of $0,02.
      BB posted big blind of just $0,02 and is all-in.
      UTG1 calls $0,05, Hero raises to $0,25, MP1 calls $0,25, 7 folds.

Flop: ($0,64) K:diamond: , 3:spade: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,45, MP1 raises to $0,73 (All-In), Hero calls $0,28.

Turn: ($2,10) 2:diamond:
      River: ($2,10) 3:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $2,10

Was it ok for me to push after flop, or should I be scared of AK,KK,AA?
  • 5 replies
    • Aimboy
      Aimboy
      Bronze
      It is not ok for you to play sss when you have almost 70BB in your stack.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      I have 27 BB at the moment of the play.
    • Aimboy
      Aimboy
      Bronze
      CO posts a blind of $0,02.
      BB posted big blind of just $0,02 and is all-in.

After I read this, I though it is nl2, but it is nl5. Anyway you trash hand at the flop, as a king is on a board, but after cbet you have only 0,28$ to call so you can't fold this hand.

"Was it ok for me to push after flop, or should I be scared of AK,KK,AA? "
      On this limit you should be scared of any Kx hand :X
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Nice hand, well played. Villain can be pushing with a pretty wide range of inferior holdings here: A-x flushdraws, mid pocket pairs, MPTK.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hello RahXephon1,

preflop is standard.

On the flop your effective stack is only 0.73$, because you're heads-up and your opponent only has this much left in the stack. For this reason it's the same as if you had only 0.73$ in your stack. So, your c-bet is more than 50% of your effective stack and therefore just push flop, because otherwise you have to call opponent's all-in anyway since you're commited.

As played, you have to call your opponent's push, because you are commited after the c-bet.

Was it ok for me to push after flop, or should I be scared of AK,KK,AA?

There's no need to be scared, c-bet is standard play and if opponent happens to hit a K this time, it's bad luck, but you have to c-bet, because otherwise you're giving up against worse hands most of the time. If your effective stack is big enough to play bet/fold, then giving up is ok with K on the board, but not when you're OOP and don't have stack(effective stack) big enough to play bet/fold.

I hope it's understandable what I wrote, but if it's still something unclear just ask away. :)

If you have any additional question feel free to click "Advise the judge to have another look" button.

Regards,
      burek2000