This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10SH another bluff vs tag

• silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.60)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($12.06) 17/12 2.63bet 3.5af 23%wtsd 1500hands
      Hero ($12.60)
      BTN ($12.04)

Dealt to Hero 7:club: 7:spade:

UTG raises to $0.35, Hero calls $0.35, fold, fold, fold,

FLOP ($0.85) T:diamond: 8:club: 5:club:

UTG bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60,

TURN ($2.05) T:diamond: 8:club: 5:club: 2:diamond:

UTG bets $1.70, Hero raises to $4.90, UTG raises to $11.11, Hero folds,

this is another guy who folds overpairs and who never calls 3bets unless he is IP otherwise either push with AA/KK and sometimes AK or folds.

despite the board was drawy i decided to try a move on him but it seems he did not believe me, or he had TT :) . any comments?
  • 3 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Drawy boards are bad for floating. And once again, floatraising turn as a bluff... I don't like it on NL10! You can float sometimes sure if he checks to you, but most people just don't fold to a raise on the turn. Anyway, you need a dryer board first of all, and secondly, I wouldn't start making too fancy moves. Save the variance for higher limits :)
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      i have more than 40BI for NL25 but i am trying to make the fancy moves vs tags here and not on higher limits. or generally its better to try them vs established players
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Wow, nice BR. I'd recommend you to move up and win more money instead :)

Anyway, I like the idea of practicing playing against regs on a lower limit - but remember that you will never make the most money out of regs on any limit, you will make them off the fish! So I think you shouldn't trudge around too much on NL10, ABC poker is still what'll get you further on NL25. But sure enough, having a few tricks in the bag won't hurt =)

So if you want to keep practicing then go ahead.. I'll try to evaluate it as good as I can :) turnplay is one of the trickiest things in hold'em ;)