rake paid (pokertracker)

• Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      I have just installed the unregistered version of pokertracker on my comp (will keep uninstaling/removing databases every 1000 hand until i get the full version).

The main purpose was so i could look at how much rake I approximately paid at party (aiming for 500$ like most other new pokerstrategy members).

But now to the question:
      Under the summary tab i can see the total rake (in my case - 84,5 over 350 hands). Since i'm playing FR, does this mean that i have paid aroun 8,5$ in rake on those hands?

I just divided the total rake with the amount of seated players - should probably be 9,xx instead, but nevermind that little incorrection. Is it this simple?

Thanks in advance
      Mugge
  • 9 replies
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Hi mugge there is an interesting post about that topic in the german board i will translate it for you within the next days.
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      sounds good :)

looking forward to it
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Ok what i found for you was a program a user made.

Download Nizis Rake Calculater

Screenshot:

It is in german but i never tried it.

So in the first line called "Ordner mit Hand-History Files" you have to enter the your Folder where your Hand Histories are saved and into "Dein Spielername" (your screen name) you have to enter of course your screen name.

The column "a.Rake" shows you the rake that is important for PokerTracker and PokerAce

I did not try this program yet perhaps you can tell me how it works.
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      I will try it out.

Thanks for the help
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      It seems to work alright and it almost matches the number i got from pokertracker (found another place to look it up). Very easy to configure too..

Just one question: What is the amount shown in the "Rake"-collum?
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      rake: The real amount you paid. So lets say you won an $x pot and you had to pay $1 rake you lost $1. That is the 'rake' column.

Rake: The amount substracted from the pots you won

But as you know for most rake calculations you don't use this data but the avrage rake. So in case you were playing at a FR table and all 10 players were dealt cards everybody gets $0.10 rake (that is a.rake)

a.Rake: The amount substracted from every pot played at the table, divided through the number of players, who were dealt cards.
    • ShyPh
      ShyPh
      Bronze
      If you want to know your MGR - monthly gross revenue - I advise you to use Pokergrapher. It's a programm that makes graphs of your poker earnings using your pokertracker database but also calculates MGR using the dealt method (the method party uses).

MGR is used to determine if you made the amount of rake requiered to get the pokertracker licence (if that's is what you want to know). Download pokergrapher here
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Yap pokergrapher is a really nice tool.
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      Probably a good tool - but you might see the problem yourself?

Pokertracker databases needed to find out when i can get the licence to pokertacker.. i'm afraid i'll have to keep using the program stefan posted for some time (great program btw).