This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 68h river bluff

• thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $112,65
      CO:
      $33,65

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8:heart: , 6:heart:
      Hero raises to $1,00, MP3 folds, CO raises to $3,50, 3 folds, Hero calls $2,50.

Flop: ($7,35) J:heart: , T:heart: , J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($7,35) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3,50, CO raises to $10,00, Hero calls $6,50.

River: ($27,35) T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $20,15, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $27,35

his stats say he is tight-aggressive and we had some history, because he 3bet me frequently preflop, i though i had the right kind of hand to bust a big pair and called... on the turn i picked up a big draw and since his raise was not big enough i called... with the river a possible flush and of course the ten for the 1-card fullhouse arrived and he can't possibly call with Aces, kings or queens, so i took a very big shot... too dangerous?
  • 1 reply
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      First of all, I really don't like the call preflop, because of especially one big reason.. you're out of position!! The time to play back at someone who's 3betting you a lot is not when you're oop getting 3bet from CO =)

As to the rest of the hand... I think COs line is pretty curious, and while playing I wouldn't reaaally seem him folding the river there actually to a donkbet after the c/r even on that board - I don't feel you represent much at all in this hand except what you had which is a draw that busted. Why would you donk a T on the river?? Why donk anything? As you might be guessing I don't really like it. I think you only folded out his bluff here (because he took your small turn bet as a bluff and raised over it)

Some more things
      - Turn bet is a bit small. I'd make it $4.5 because this just looks way too bluffy.
      - I don't really get why he would check that flop as pfagg in a 3bet pot, it's an easy cbet! This would make me suspicious and I'd be more likely to c/c the turn instead because actually I'd think he was strong there.
      - I would avoid all this by folding preflop which is the main point here :P

(happy it worked out for ya though ;) )