[NL20-NL50] 68h river bluff

• thebigheizung85
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8:heart: , 6:heart:
      Hero raises to $1,00, MP3 folds, CO raises to $3,50, 3 folds, Hero calls $2,50.

Flop: ($7,35) J:heart: , T:heart: , J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($7,35) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3,50, CO raises to $10,00, Hero calls $6,50.

River: ($27,35) T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $20,15, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $27,35

his stats say he is tight-aggressive and we had some history, because he 3bet me frequently preflop, i though i had the right kind of hand to bust a big pair and called... on the turn i picked up a big draw and since his raise was not big enough i called... with the river a possible flush and of course the ten for the 1-card fullhouse arrived and he can't possibly call with Aces, kings or queens, so i took a very big shot... too dangerous?
  • 1 reply
    • Fongie
      First of all, I really don't like the call preflop, because of especially one big reason.. you're out of position!! The time to play back at someone who's 3betting you a lot is not when you're oop getting 3bet from CO =)

As to the rest of the hand... I think COs line is pretty curious, and while playing I wouldn't reaaally seem him folding the river there actually to a donkbet after the c/r even on that board - I don't feel you represent much at all in this hand except what you had which is a draw that busted. Why would you donk a T on the river?? Why donk anything? As you might be guessing I don't really like it. I think you only folded out his bluff here (because he took your small turn bet as a bluff and raised over it)

Some more things
      - Turn bet is a bit small. I'd make it $4.5 because this just looks way too bluffy.
      - I don't really get why he would check that flop as pfagg in a 3bet pot, it's an easy cbet! This would make me suspicious and I'd be more likely to c/c the turn instead because actually I'd think he was strong there.
      - I would avoid all this by folding preflop which is the main point here :P

(happy it worked out for ya though ;) )