[NL20-NL50] AJ mixing it up

• thebigheizung85
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , J:club:
      CO calls $0,25, BU raises to $1,25, Hero calls $1,15, 2 folds.

Flop: ($3,00) 5:diamond: , A:heart: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($3,00) T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,25, BU raises to $1,50, Hero raises to $3,75, BU raises to $11,50 (All-In), Hero calls $7,75.

River: ($26,00) 7:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $26,00

normally i'd bet out the hand, but i wanted to mix it up and not always just check my weak hands and bet my strong ones, the next thing that happened i misclicked the betsize on the turn and got the raise... since i wanted to bet more anyway i reraised

for the coming call i am not to sure if i am correct there, but my hand was very disguised (due to the several 'mistakes')
  • 2 replies
    • Fongie
      You shouldn't lead out on the flop, you don't have initiative. I think I'd normally c/c down 3 streets with AJ depending on the board even though you may sometimes end up valuetowning yourself - however *here*, I think actually you need to fold on the turn :evil: because practically every ace has you beat! AK-A9, you only beat lesser aces. Not sure he will be isolating with them preflop (and certainly not often going broke with them on the turn).

So as it is here, if we ignore the minbet, I'd c/call turn and likely fold river depending on how big he bets. Don't expect him to barrel 3 times with a worse ace (or hold a worse ace for that matter) pratically ever.
    • thebigheizung85
      i saw a lot of mistakes in the hand myself.... and you are right, i don't have the initiative, i did not look at the hand thoroughly before posting^^