[NL20-NL50] JJ top set slowplay

• thebigheizung85
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:spade: , J:heart:
      MP2 raises to $1,00, 2 folds, Hero raises to $4,00, 2 folds, MP2 calls $3,00.

Flop: ($8,35) 3:diamond: , J:club: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($8,35) 7:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $6,00, Hero raises to $33,50, MP2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $20,35

after my check behind i induced a bet on the turn... should i continue slowplaying there or shove it... the pot was quite huge but he might also fire another barrel and the flush draw/ straight draws might not be really dangerous
  • 1 reply
    • Fongie
      Well first of all you only need to raise 3x preflop because you are in position.

Secondly, you would always cbet that board.. do it now too! What do you think looks stronger, 3betting preflop, then checking flop and raising the turn or cbetting the flop? After cbetting the flop I'd like make a really small sucker-bet to induce a bluff or to make him think I'm bluffing - obviously he can't have much here and we don't know if he's going to float if we check to him.

As played, I'd definately call that bet and see the river. You're not protecting against anything, he can't have much and your line looks like the immortal nutz - so atleast by slowplaying one more street you can get another bet out of him (and who knows, he might hit something - and if he has something already on the turn it'll go in on the river no matter if you raise there or on the river)