[NL20-NL50] 77 Sb

• thebigheizung85
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7:spade: , 7:diamond:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $1,00, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,90, BB folds.

Flop: ($2,25) 8:spade: , 4:spade: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1,75, Hero calls $1,75.

Turn: ($5,75) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $6,00, Hero raises to $22,25 (All-In), MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $17,75

on the flop i call because i could still have the best hand, don't want to play a big pot and the flushdraw might also be good, the turn card brings trips and i c/r him all-in

correct line?
  • 1 reply
    • Fongie
      First of all... I'd very likely 3bet this preflop! The guy is raising loose so far and from CO, so we don't have much implied odds with our set because his range preflop is pretty weak (= his range will likely be weak on the flop too = no stacking off against your set often). So you should 3bet this to maybe take the pot down right there, for big money when you do hit your set, to take initiative and to take it down with a cbet :)

On the flop here floating him is fine because he will cbet this board 100% of the time, and his range is not strong (as I mentioned earlier). Turn is of course easy, I wouldn't actually expect him to bet potsize and then fold to a raise but... oh well. I'm also shipping it there to protect! Nh