[NL20-NL50] A9o from SB

• thebigheizung85
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9:diamond: , A:spade:
      2 folds, BU raises to $1,00, Hero calls $0,90, BB folds.

Flop: ($2,25) K:club: , 7:diamond: , A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1,75, Hero calls $1,75.

Turn: ($5,75) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $4,50, Hero calls $4,50.

River: ($14,75) K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $14,75

i did not play it too aggressively, because my hand is not good for a big pot, on the turn i just my play my ace and give up the action when called

important notes about villain: as indicated he liked to openraise from late positions and dropped around 250BB by calling very loose in dangerous spots, how he good to 700BB? i have nooo clue^^
      it was sooo good to have position on him, except of course in this hand
  • 2 replies
    • Fongie
      Fold preflop. Play this guy in position if you want to make money off of him, not out of position with a shitty easily-dominated hand like A9o without initiative. Basically you have pretty much nothing going for you when go into this pot with A9o :tongue:

In other words, A9o is a hand that has very bad reversed implied odds. Sometimes you hit your top pair and win a cbet or so, and then other times you'll be valuetowning yourself on 3 streets against a better kicker. So just throw it away and look forward to playing him in position instead ;)
    • thebigheizung85
      the result does not matter, that i won the hand?^^

fongie you are so strict with me ;-) btw if you read this, are you interested in skype sessions watching each other playing? or do you take money for this as you are a judge here?

i am not to sure if i agree with you here... that guy steals blinds with a wide range... of course A9 is almost never comfortable to play OOP, but a fold seems really weak to me