This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] A9o from SB

• thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $114,05
      BU:
      $108,90

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9:diamond: , A:spade:
      2 folds, BU raises to $1,00, Hero calls $0,90, BB folds.

Flop: ($2,25) K:club: , 7:diamond: , A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1,75, Hero calls $1,75.

Turn: ($5,75) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $4,50, Hero calls $4,50.

River: ($14,75) K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $14,75

i did not play it too aggressively, because my hand is not good for a big pot, on the turn i just my play my ace and give up the action when called

important notes about villain: as indicated he liked to openraise from late positions and dropped around 250BB by calling very loose in dangerous spots, how he good to 700BB? i have nooo clue^^
      it was sooo good to have position on him, except of course in this hand
  • 2 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Fold preflop. Play this guy in position if you want to make money off of him, not out of position with a shitty easily-dominated hand like A9o without initiative. Basically you have pretty much nothing going for you when go into this pot with A9o :tongue:

In other words, A9o is a hand that has very bad reversed implied odds. Sometimes you hit your top pair and win a cbet or so, and then other times you'll be valuetowning yourself on 3 streets against a better kicker. So just throw it away and look forward to playing him in position instead ;)
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Bronze
      the result does not matter, that i won the hand?^^

fongie you are so strict with me ;-) btw if you read this, are you interested in skype sessions watching each other playing? or do you take money for this as you are a judge here?

i am not to sure if i agree with you here... that guy steals blinds with a wide range... of course A9 is almost never comfortable to play OOP, but a fold seems really weak to me