Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $28,17
      BU:
      $46,89

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:heart: , Q:heart:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, BU calls $1,00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2,35) 2:spade: , 8:heart: , 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,80, BU raises to $3,60, Hero raises to $7,00, BU raises to $23,35, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $16,35

I don't normaly c-bets players with such stats, but I was planing on 4-betting him if he raised me. I mean, what could he possible have hit on that board? Am also pretty sure he would 3-bet any higher pocket pair preflop and I had a simular situation a few hands ago with the same guy, were he folded to 4-bet on dry board.

I know the raisesize is small, but my experience is that LAGs fold to any raisesize if they get caught.

Any other opinions? :f_grin:
  • 2 replies
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Silver
      i would wait for a better spot against this opponent... i like the cbet but then after his call you are out in nomandsland... i mean even if you check it down after this episode of action you are not having very good showdown value, losing against any ace and pair.... instead he did not just call but raise you and i would end the hand here...

to answer your question he could have hit the 8 for example... as you are both deep, he is pretty loose 87 or 89 are very likely hands and maybe he also knows the history between you two and thinks a he 4bets again on dry board and rebluff you
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      c/c flop, c/c turn is one possibility
      but if you rather want to wai a hnad, then c/f flop is also fine